What I don't know is
What does it have to do with hunger?

Were they hungry before the contest?
Are they hungry during the contest?
Do they win food?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
All I know is you can get the whole trilogy in e-book form for $3 by using these coupons.

I won't know more than that until I get a chance to read them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2012, 08:46 PM
It's a survival test - the kids get thrown into an outdoor "arena" where they have to survive until only one remains. The kids are encouraged to kill each other off to win more quickly. So it's as much about surviving the elements as it is killing each other - hence, "hunger".
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2012, 08:50 PM
I like the original The Running Man ... "Killian, here's your Subzero, now plain zero"
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2012, 10:45 PM
From what I read about it, yes they do win food for their entire town.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2012, 11:21 PM
D - It's a love story.

And what the Ert wrote.
But mainly it's a love story. Glad I read the books... I don't have to suffer through it all again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2012, 01:37 AM
From what I understand, its in the future, most of the people are starving and there are these brutal games, where the winner will win food for his or her town.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2012, 02:57 AM
I saw the movie this past weekend and I'll tell you what my opinion about it in a moment:

On to your questions:

This is no spoiler since they tell you this right off the bat before the movie begins.

It involves 12 districts who revolted against a main government body. During this bloody civil war the 12 districts lost.

In some sadistic form of penanance, the 12 districts were forced to sacrifice a pair of children ranging from ages 12 - 18, as tribute to the Hunger games.

Apparently losing the civil war caused the 12 districts to have diminishing resources, as much had to be given to the main government body.

The pair of children, one male and one female, are groomed and trained to fight in a wild life preserve like arena with minium resources.

In order to gain an advantage one must acquire sponsors, who in turn would provide the contestants with much needed survival supplies.

In essence the Movie Hunger Games borrow the concept from a more popular movies like Running Man, but not an exact clone.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2012, 03:04 AM
Now for my review:

The movie opened up with great reviews, praising the film - BUT

The movie in truth is very mediorce, and in essence a love story but with a survival of the fittest twist. Its like Running Man but without the superstar Hunters like Subzero or Dynamo, and does not involved placing criminals into that realm.

This is one movie that I know is banned from Australian viewing since it involves killing children. So the Aussies might have problems seeing this movie in the theatres.

Its not super bloody, but you know kids are getting whacked.

I found the story very light and shallow and there was only one very emotional moment throughout the whole movie, which really touched me.

Its not horrible, but its not worth an IMAX experience or big screen rush. You're better off reading the book which possibly is better than the film. I liked the movie but did not love it. Many things were not believable and the main character was lacking in substance.

I believe the movie is based off some children book from scholastic.

The movie is very very long 2hrs 20min in length - with most of the movie being very slow in the beginning.

overall I give it 2 1/2 stars out of 5
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
This is one movie that I know is banned from Australian viewing since it involves killing children. So the Aussies might have problems seeing this movie in the theatres.
Here in Sweden it got a lower age limit than Twilight. :p