Lt. Commander
# 1 Colonization Chain
04-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Hey everyone, I need a bit of help finding the next part of my chain.
I am attempting the Assignment chain: Colonization with my duty officers, and cannot find the third one in the chain, Assignment: Establish First-In Colony.
I do not know what I am doing wrong.
I went to the cluster to start it ( Delta Volanis ), went back to the same area looking in sector assignments to get the next one, and now I am on the third and it is not showing up. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have been back the past three days, looking at different times after it refreshed but its not there , I looked in the ship itself while in the cluster and no duty officer offers it. Am I doing something wrong? Looking in the wrong place? Or do I actually just have to keep waiting and hoping the third assignment in the chain shows up and I get lucky?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Here is an excellent resource you might consider:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...aGdQbmc#gid=52
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 11:51 AM
The chain assignments pop up randomly on each sector refresh. It's very hit-and-miss on whether the assignment you currently need is currently available - that's why we have the community-generated DOFFJOBS spreadsheet that Asakara linked to, so that people can let everyone else know what is available.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbone
Hey everyone, I need a bit of help finding the next part of my chain.
I am attempting the Assignment chain: Colonization with my duty officers, and cannot find the third one in the chain, Assignment: Establish First-In Colony.
I do not know what I am doing wrong.
I went to the cluster to start it ( Delta Volanis ), went back to the same area looking in sector assignments to get the next one, and now I am on the third and it is not showing up. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have been back the past three days, looking at different times after it refreshed but its not there , I looked in the ship itself while in the cluster and no duty officer offers it. Am I doing something wrong? Looking in the wrong place? Or do I actually just have to keep waiting and hoping the third assignment in the chain shows up and I get lucky?
The assignments pop up randomly at each reset. The reset occurs every 4 hours for sector space assignments. So, yeah, basically, you've been unlucky. However, these assignments are popping far fewer than intended, and a fix is currently on Tribble (which means it will make it to live server probably tomorrow). Keep in mind that there is a similar chain in EVERY cluster, and each cluster awards a different reward (rare doff) when you complete the chain. The spreadsheet posted above will tell you where the different assignments are popping up. It's pretty handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Duty Officers:
  • Resolved Colonial chain assignment frequency being far too low.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
The assignments pop up randomly at each reset. The reset occurs every 4 hours for sector space assignments. So, yeah, basically, you've been unlucky. However, these assignments are popping far fewer than intended, and a fix is currently on Tribble (which means it will make it to live server probably tomorrow). Keep in mind that there is a similar chain in EVERY cluster, and each cluster awards a different reward (rare doff) when you complete the chain. The spreadsheet posted above will tell you where the different assignments are popping up. It's pretty handy.
I didn't see this part! YES! I can finally finish my last three Renown missions!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2012, 03:55 AM
And can now start the hunt for crits on the repeatable Support Colonization Efforts for the purple doff of every cluster. *g*