Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Galaxy Dreadnought Separation
03-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Can anyone tell me when the saucer separation is going to be released for the Galaxy -X Dreadnought? Please provide a link, too, if you can.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
it is apparently being released with the new galaxy pack sometime in April, or so the ongoing rumour says.

sadly with no real leaks to go on were all kinda stumped
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
never i hope

how should this even Work with the 3rd Warp and the Gun
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-26-2012, 11:01 AM
hm. that sucks. i heard it was this upcoming Thursday from STOwiki. Now I feel depressed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-T-Riker
never i hope

how should this even Work with the 3rd Warp and the Gun
that has already been addressed. the 3rd engine won't matter; its not in the way...look closer at the ship from the side. also the gun will have a Wide AoE and fire from the star drive section as a "sawed-off shotgun" version of the lance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-T-Riker
never i hope

how should this even Work with the 3rd Warp and the Gun
Well it apparently should work like this

Saucer separation System Galaxy X variant:

- Galaxy standard separation protocol (as per the Galaxy R system) engages

- Main weapon decoupling from the warp core.

- shifting the weapons power system from warp power to the saucer impulse reactor's

- Saucer systems now self sufficient

- Star drive system no longer limited by saucer bulk brings battle bridge "escort" subsystems online

- Drive section and Saucer are now two separate ships with independent combat capabilities

- Saucer is not capable of full Lance support restricted to widespread "scatter" beam

- star drive gains significant manoeuvrability and a more "escort" like turning rate



This is only speculation based on the Galaxy R separation system and based on the shape of the new in game model and the limitations of the spinal phaser lance post separation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensonco View Post
that has already been addressed. the 3rd engine won't matter; its not in the way...look closer at the ship from the side. also the gun will have a Wide AoE and fire from the star drive section as a "sawed-off shotgun" version of the lance.
sadly the Star drive section only houses the warp core power interface to the lance. The weapon itself will remain housed to the Saucer powered by the dual impulse reactors limiting its overall yield but leaving the weapon still usable.
The star drives weapon recoil and warp power transfer housing is then shut down and stowed away in the same way as the Saucer retention bolts and power transfer manifolds prior to combat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries2507 View Post
Well it apparently should work like this

Saucer separation System Galaxy X variant:

- Galaxy standard separation protocol (as per the Galaxy R system) engages

- Main weapon decoupling from the warp core.

- shifting the weapons power system from warp power to the saucer impulse reactor's

- Saucer systems now self sufficient

- Star drive system no longer limited by saucer bulk brings battle bridge "escort" subsystems online

- Drive section and Saucer are now two separate ships with independent combat capabilities

- Saucer is not capable of full Lance support restricted to widespread "scatter" beam

- star drive gains significant manoeuvrability and a more "escort" like turning rate



This is only speculation based on the Galaxy R separation system and based on the shape of the new in game model and the limitations of the spinal phaser lance post separation.



sadly the Star drive section only houses the warp core power interface to the lance. The weapon itself will remain housed to the Saucer powered by the dual impulse reactors limiting its overall yield but leaving the weapon still usable.
The star drives weapon recoil and warp power transfer housing is then shut down and stowed away in the same way as the Saucer retention bolts and power transfer manifolds prior to combat.
how do you know this? where is the link?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensonco View Post
how do you know this? where is the link?
all information has been given thanks to interviews via STOked on Jupiter broadcasting and speculated information regarding the basic technical limitations of a high powered phased energy cannon that is normally powered by the warp core being limited in raw power by after separation by the saucer sections twin impulse engines.

Official information broadcast and leaked thus far *WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

- the saucer will retain a "scatter beam" version of the spinal lance
- the saucer will have a slightly more aggressive AI than that of the Galaxy R
- the star drive section will gain a turn rate comparable to the in game fleet escort (as the separated Star Drive on the Galaxy R)
- C-store consoles can be used by the AI of the saucer section as well as the Star drive section under player control


*drag over to read*
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 AM.