Lt. Commander
# 11
03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
It is an ugly ship sold for an ugly price. I doubt that variant costumes (which should come with the miserable things) will only appear after lots of ill will and excuses. I also believe that any costumes will labor beneath a bizarrely unreasonable c-store price.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I loved the 2nd place entry waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the Odyssey from start.
I personally doubt that if the competition hadn't been some dogpile vote and instead was run as a a faceoff between designs until two finalists had to fight for the prize that this glorified space-manatee would be long out our memories by now.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
YES YES YES GOD YES..... ohh ermmm yes we do. i hate that my ship is the same as almost everyone else's who is flying around in one
I totally agree.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I think we'll see new C-Store skins eventually, but not for some time. They Odyssey as the Ent F is a big deal and Cryptic is going to want to keep that look for a bit.
I tend to agree.

Give it time, the need for a steady stream of c-store items will eventually make this necessary.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2012, 09:56 PM
I doubt there will be a skin pack, given that the ship just came out and Cryptic focusing on the more expensive CStore item bundles.

The downfall of it all is that:

#1 - Its an ugly ship, in a ugly bundle deal, wrapped up with an ugly cost. The buy 2 get the last one free is very deceptive, since the cost itself is already too high.

(Eve Online Monocle anyone?)

#2 - I fear "IF" they ever do come out with a skin for it, they will all most likely be hideous in design.

Problems:

Due to the technical aspect of the saucer sep etc... you going to have to keep it in the same line of design. That means that Cryptic will probably have to spend more time developing new animations for the different skin, that and of itself is expensive - so no, I highly doubt a skin bundle will ever come out.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2012, 10:50 PM
I'd just like to see alternate pylons for it. that's the part of the ship that honestly bothers me the most for some reason. Otherwise, it's grown on me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-26-2012, 10:55 PM
I'd really love to see some sovereign styled nacelles for the odyssey. A new skin or two would be worth the cpoints to me, just to customize my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
YES YES YES GOD YES..... ohh ermmm yes we do. i hate that my ship is the same as almost everyone else's who is flying around in one
That's why I switched back to one of my other ships for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love my Science Odyssey, but it has become increasingly obvious that when you arrive at, for example, Earth Spacedock, every other ship is an Odyssey class now. I've temporarily switched back to my Nova Refit (kitted out with the Aegis set and mkX & XI weapons) for various reasons, one being that it actually feels nice to NOT be flying something that everyone else is.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Only one pattern for a Federation ship is terrible, it's like being a Klingon they don't get ship costumes either. And since it's a Federation ship it should have 3 models.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-04-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
I'd just like to see alternate pylons for it. that's the part of the ship that honestly bothers me the most for some reason. Otherwise, it's grown on me.
Same here, not a fan of the curvy pylons.