Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi there,

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, but I have been eyeing a piece of tech called the Fractal Remodulator because I have been doing more ground STF Borg missions, and need quicker more efficient ways to remodulate against Borg adaptation. No description of this device, or from anyone else who has had one has been sufficient to explain to me what the benefits are of this device....say over the internal frequency remodulator of the ground sets...

Does it apply new frequencies on the fly (without having to separately activate it?) or is it simply a stand alone device that remodulates fast, but doesn't have to be tied in to a STF ground set?

Thanks for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2012, 03:23 PM
The Fractal Remodulator provides a faster remod time from the standard Remodulator (I think 3 sec vs 4 sec). The Integral Remodulator from the STF sets are going to be the best out of the there, as the remod is instantaneous (but it does have a 10 second cooldown, so you will still want to use two different weapon energy types). Any remodulator will still require you to trigger it through a power on your tray.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2012, 03:25 PM
you can buy it on the exchange or you can craft it doing the defera invaison zone missions
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
The Fractal Remodulator provides a faster remod time from the standard Remodulator (I think 3 sec vs 4 sec). The Integral Remodulator from the STF sets are going to be the best out of the there, as the remod is instantaneous (but it does have a 10 second cooldown, so you will still want to use two different weapon energy types). Any remodulator will still require you to trigger it through a power on your tray.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It should be iterated... the difference between 3 and 4 seconds doesn't sound like much, but in combat it amounts to a lot and feels much faster than it is.

Tip: Pick one up from the exchange if you can!

The ones still available for sale are non-binding, and are the last of their kind as a patch was introduced that means any fractal remodulator since then is bind-on-pickup. This means that you can use your fractal remodulator while you work towards the Integral Remodulator Bran mentioned above, and once you've acquired it (from the full, three-piece MACO/Omega ground set) you can mail your un-bound Fractal remodulator to your alts so they may benefit from it as well.

I've got several for this purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Considering the Integral Remodulator I still have to ask the OPs question over again. What good is the Fractal Remodulator?

Along those lines is there anything we can craft (and I use the work craft loosely) from the Deferria invasion that's really worth the time investment?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
Considering the Integral Remodulator I still have to ask the OPs question over again. What good is the Fractal Remodulator?

Along those lines is there anything we can craft (and I use the work craft loosely) from the Deferria invasion that's really worth the time investment?
As they are available now, I tend to agree... But as I said, if you manage to get one of the older ones from the exchange, they are absolutely worth it as you can mail them between characters. Again - 3 seconds as opposed to 4 doesn't sound like much, but it could well be the difference between a pulsewave's arc attack, and being one-shotted by a tactical drone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
It's easier to get then the set bonus, and can be used by BOffs. I don't think I've seen one yet make use of an on-click set bonus, but they will use devices.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks guys.

I already have the ground set integral remodulator, so I was really asking is the Fractal better than the integral or not, but it sounds like I shouldn't bother with it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Harnaman
you can buy it on the exchange or you can craft it doing the defera invaison zone missions
Do they ever have the Defera Invasion available to run overnights (US Central)?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbaglo View Post
It's easier to get then the set bonus, and can be used by BOffs. I don't think I've seen one yet make use of an on-click set bonus, but they will use devices.
Easier, but not worth it for the extra 1 second, in my opinion.

I just completed my STF ground set, and I intend to use the hell out of it.