Lt. Commander
# 1 CSE strategy guide
03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I've done Cure Space Elite many times, and this is the strategy that has worked best for me when running with groups of every skill level and caliber. Forgive the sloppy MS paint.

Cure Space Elite strategy guide

People usually tell me that their way is better until they try this, and see how simple and effective it is. There's no chaos, no question who should be doing what job, and accidental deaths aren't an issue. The worst groups can still get the optional with ease using this, and better players will find 5-6 minutes left on the clock. Best of all, there will be no fighting near Kang whatsoever, ensuring overall success.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Yes I have found that this is the best way to complete the mission and get the optional. However one step I would change is that after the team finishes the probes on the middle cube they should destroy the middle cube first then go back and destroy the right side cube. It saves some time which may be needed later. I've also found out that one person is enough to get the BoPs from the other two sides while the remaining four get the right side and then middle probes done. Two people are needed once the raptors start to spawn.

Also, as always, you should make sure that everyone understands the strategy. I've had a few teams where I've explained it and everyone said they understood but one or two of them have messed it up.

Good Hunting All

Kirk: "Spock, where the hellís the power you promised?"
Spock: "One damn minute, Admiral."
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2012, 12:28 AM
It not a bad strategy at all.

I find that the 2 guards can also get the bottom probes while guarding(since killing the bottom probes do not realease the Nvar or raptors), and that you get all 3 cubes to 10% and when you switch the ones guarding the 10% cubes attack every once in awhile and that also keeps them from regening. Then can quickly pop the 3 cubes at once and have someone speed to kang just before the cubes pop and the second the cubes pop dismiss the kang.

but your plan isnt bad at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitoba1073 View Post
It not a bad strategy at all.

I find that the 2 guards can also get the bottom probes while guarding(since killing the bottom probes do not realease the Nvar or raptors), and that you get all 3 cubes to 10% and when you switch the ones guarding the 10% cubes attack every once in awhile and that also keeps them from regening. Then can quickly pop the 3 cubes at once and have someone speed to kang just before the cubes pop and the second the cubes pop dismiss the kang.

but your plan isnt bad at all.
Pretty much this. The best variant I've seen runs very close to the OP's guide, except the layout is:

-1 defender per cube (in charge of BoPs, lower probes, and 3rd probe if time, you can move back without pulling the Neg'var), who assist the kill team when they come to the cube they defend.
-2 man roaming kill team that goes cube to cube, killing probes, focusing the Neg'var and Raptor when they pop.

It's essentially the same (3 - 1 - 1), but you don't have poorly timed swaps or repositioning to worry about. And if the defenders are good about getting into initial position, you can easily drop 2 probes (3 for left) by the time the kill team rotates to each cube., Cutting time down quite a bit.

(Also, if the defenders are tanky enough, they can poke at the cube between BoP waves once all their probes are down and the kill team is at the other cubes. If you can bring them to 40-50%, you can actually cube dive and solo the cubes [albeit with the help of their torpedo against them] when it's time for the kill- if you wish- popping all 3 at once then sending someone to rush Kang. I've seen a team finish with 4 and a half minutes left using this strat)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2012, 04:58 AM
There are definitely ways to improve this strategy for faster runs. When playing with fleet-mates who I know well and trust to get the job done, we've modified it and had it down to just below 6 minutes left on the clock.

However, I do run a lot of eliteSTF channel pug groups as well, and getting everyone on the same page with a few lines of text can be tricky (and getting them to remember their jobs). As such, I made the strat with that simplicity in mind. I've had some truly sloppy groups who, thanks to the structure of this set up, have easily recovered and pulled it off without feeling any pressure.

It may not be the best strategy for CSE, but I'd wager it is the best CSE strategy when you're playing with people who may not fully understand how CSE works, or whose skill is perhaps less than optimal. It removes all of the chaos associated with a PuG run, and is easy to explain.