Lt. Commander
Massively's STO Columnist Terilynn Shull recently visited Cryptic Studios to talk to the team. In this week's Captain's Log entry, she writes about her interview with Lead Designer Al rivera.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2012, 07:00 PM
"We then talked briefly about the statement he made about keeping "re-playability" a focus of much of the upcoming content."

On the topic of replayability, could someone at Cryptic acknowledge that you know about this bug:
- KDF players cannot reply "Second Wave" (initial playthrough works, just not subsequent replays)

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
"We then talked briefly about the statement he made about keeping "re-playability" a focus of much of the upcoming content."

On the topic of replayability, could someone at Cryptic acknowledge that you know about this bug:
- KDF players cannot reply "Second Wave" (initial playthrough works, just not subsequent replays)

Thanks!
QA is looking into this and hopes to have a fix in as soon as possible. To confirm, you have completed the mission before it, right? In the standard mission progression?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
how about noooo for the fed carriers as it will be one less uniqueness for the klinks unless we feddies receive a nerf along with the carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Awesome thanks!

WRT the repro: Yes, I completed the entire 2800 chain originally when it was an FE.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
QA is looking into this and hopes to have a fix in as soon as possible. To confirm, you have completed the mission before it, right? In the standard mission progression?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Update: KDF players should now be able to play Second Wave without a problem Let me know if you are still seeing an issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2012, 07:28 PM
I do hope the feds do not get a carrier, its not their game style it is a klingon game style. Give the feds a more fed type of unique ship instead of a war ship like a carrier. Something like a supped up science class or something.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
I do hope the feds do not get a carrier, its not their game style it is a klingon game style. Give the feds a more fed type of unique ship instead of a war ship like a carrier. Something like a supped up science class or something.
Carriers are neither Fed nor Klink style. There's never been a Trek episode where you ever saw a Fed or Klink carrier - in fact I think we've only ever seen Fed fighters in canon. Klink carriers are STO soft canon. As such there's no reason why Feds can't likewise have such a soft canon addition.

I don't want to turn this thread into another carrier debate, but the idea that they're a canon Klink thing simply because STO put them in for Klinks is foolish. Carriers are not a canon anything, for Feds or Klinks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Carriers are neither Fed nor Klink style. There's never been a Trek episode where you ever saw a Fed or Klink carrier - in fact I think we've only ever seen Fed fighters in canon. Klink carriers are STO soft canon. As such there's no reason why Feds can't likewise have such a soft canon addition.

I don't want to turn this thread into another carrier debate, but the idea that they're a canon Klink thing simply because STO put them in for Klinks is foolish. Carriers are not a canon anything, for Feds or Klinks.
And then there is the fact that the Akira class was actually designed as a carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Update: KDF players should now be able to play Second Wave without a problem Let me know if you are still seeing an issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Due to the limited time reward I can sadly say after getting that shard of the orb on every character I never really want to play these again thats how burned out these limited time rewards make you feel after you have to do them on so many characters in a tight window.