Lt. Commander
# 11
03-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3of9 View Post
And then there is the fact that the Akira class was actually designed as a carrier.
Canon consists of what we actually see in the 726 episodes and 11 movies. Not what people say about it after the fact, or what's in novels or other soft canon sources. The Akira is seen 15 times in canon, and none of them had it as a carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Canon consists of what we actually see in the 726 episodes and 11 movies. Not what people say about it after the fact, or what's in novels or other soft canon sources. The Akira is seen 15 times in canon, and none of them had it as a carrier.
So, you would look at the Big E CVN 65 and say "unless I see an aircraft take off, it's not a carrier."?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
So, you would look at the Big E CVN 65 and say "unless I see an aircraft take off, it's not a carrier."?
Huh? We already know that those ships are aircraft carriers. If someone had stated in an episode that the Akira was a carrier, than it's a carrier. It wasn't stated or implied in anyway, hence it's not canon.

However, there's also nothing to guarantee that it's NOT a carrier. So it's up to us, Cryptic and CBS to determine which ships, if any, are considered carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrick
how about noooo for the fed carriers as it will be one less uniqueness for the klinks unless we feddies receive a nerf along with the carriers.
It wasn't a Fed carrier. It would be a Caitian carrier, a member planet ship .
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Huh? We already know that those ships are aircraft carriers. If someone had stated in an episode that the Akira was a carrier, than it's a carrier. It wasn't stated or implied in anyway, hence it's not canon.

However, there's also nothing to guarantee that it's NOT a carrier. So it's up to us, Cryptic and CBS to determine which ships, if any, are considered carriers.
I'm talking about the physical arrangement of the ship. What other purpose would it have for that many large shuttle bay doors? Especially ones that are on the same deck and directly opposite each other on the hull (implying a pass-through massive internal bay). Why do people so easily accept the existence of the Aeroshuttle on the Intrepid but not the inherent carrier nature of the Akira's design?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Shameless self plug:

What about a broadside based picket ship for a unique spin and new gameplay style? I've got a recent thread on the subject (from 3/23/2012) with firing arc diagrams and weapon layouts.

I really don't care to take away the exclusivity of the carrier from the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
A bit disappointing there were no photos of the offices? I think it would put a lot more in perspective for some people,

Quote:
He has hopes of creating additional daily missions on Bajor or altering current missions into dailies in order to bring players to Bajor more often. He also seemed very eager to get the map and other recent assets into the Foundry as soon as possible, though he just couldn't comment as to when that might occur.
At last! someone has woken up! There is no reason to revisit a lot of places features in the game. We need a lot more dailies to keep everyone busy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Carriers are neither Fed nor Klink style. There's never been a Trek episode where you ever saw a Fed or Klink carrier - in fact I think we've only ever seen Fed fighters in canon. Klink carriers are STO soft canon. As such there's no reason why Feds can't likewise have such a soft canon addition.

I don't want to turn this thread into another carrier debate, but the idea that they're a canon Klink thing simply because STO put them in for Klinks is foolish. Carriers are not a canon anything, for Feds or Klinks.
pretty much agree, and I have no problem with a caitian carrier being in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
No one commented on the picture of the Bortasqu bridge? Is that the bridge that comes with the new Bortas? Cuz that's awesome looking.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
I'm talking about the physical arrangement of the ship. What other purpose would it have for that many large shuttle bay doors? Especially ones that are on the same deck and directly opposite each other on the hull (implying a pass-through massive internal bay). Why do people so easily accept the existence of the Aeroshuttle on the Intrepid but not the inherent carrier nature of the Akira's design?
I didn't know it had that many shuttlebays until I read on MA. But the Aeroshuttle is canon - we see schematics of it numerous times, and there's at least one pic on MA: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...tle-docked.jpg