Lt. Commander
# 21
03-27-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Update: KDF players should now be able to play Second Wave without a problem Let me know if you are still seeing an issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Just acquired and replayed the mission successfully on my KDF toon. I'm surprised that didn't require a client patch, but thanks for the quick fix!
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Rivera noted that the new Featured Episode series The 2800 has also received high praise. He realizes that many people have divergent tastes when it comes to gameplay, and he's able to see the dissent from players who didn't like the less-combat-focused missions on Bajor, but he's pleased at the number of players who did appreciate it.

He did say he was surprised at the lack of feedback on The 2800's focus on the individual player. He was proud about delivering a more personal story-driven experience for the players, who only once during the entire five-episode series beam down to a ground map with a bridge officer, and even that mission only required a single BOff as opposed to the entire four-person team.
This is a joke right...?

Because...THE most borken thing (this FE as a whole) in STO at the moment couldn't have gotten high praise...the poorly written story that broke off randomly like a child on a sugar rush, and all the bugs.....so many frakkin' bugs....the incomplete map on DS9...THE BUGS...

Oh...poor Al...surprised that people might have wanted some... MULTIPLAYER in an MMO....would have have thought???? And ...story...? Don't start with STORY in STO...seeing that there has been a lack there of, or at least a well put organized one. And yes, I acknowledge that I couldn't do better, but STO would be better off with someone new to write this game's stories form now on...

Al is full of it. I do have to thank Massively though for giving us more info on how much BS is in Crytpic now a days.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Oh...poor Al...surprised that people might have wanted some... MULTIPLAYER in an MMO
he's talking about the fact you dont beam down with your bridge officers all that much in this series and its much more about your character rather than your crew.

his comment has nothing to do with multiplayer at all.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Update: KDF players should now be able to play Second Wave without a problem Let me know if you are still seeing an issue.

Cheers,
Brandon =/\=
This is a firm reminder why a Community Manager is a VERY valued and appreciated position! Thank you, Cryptic! And thank you, Brandon!
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Seems Cryptic has given up on KDF
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
he's talking about the fact you dont beam down with your bridge officers all that much in this series and its much more about your character rather than your crew.

his comment has nothing to do with multiplayer at all.
Too bad boffs are just drones (ironically my android beamed down with my main :p ). Ad it's too bad everyone has the same "story." This FE was just the definition of mistake or disaster. Only good thing about this FE was the nw map for Bajor ground and the the second biggest plothole in this series, the prison facility.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-27-2012, 10:26 AM
It is good that there looking into other options and don't see why the Klingons cannot have a carrier but the federation are not a war like federation so maybe a ship that is more dedicated to exploration rather than war
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
"He said that the team is feeling the onus of putting out a great experience for the players along with ensuring that effort is well-balanced with the need to design systems that are monetized and still accessible."
This is the single most important part of the interview for me. They are and will be making sure EVERYTHING in the game is about money. Not Star Trek, not game play, or feel, or logic. MONEY.

I know they need to make money, its clear. CO was doing just fine without having everything based on money. The New owners care about one thing clearly. MONEY.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrick
how about noooo for the fed carriers as it will be one less uniqueness for the klinks unless we feddies receive a nerf along with the carriers.
Considering the Akaira class was created as a carrier, it just never got screen time, I would say yes. The tech specs which are Canon, support a carrier. Also which Canon source supporst a Klingon carrier???

But lets not turn this into another fed carrier thread, there are enough of those out there.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Too bad boffs are just drones (ironically my android beamed down with my main :p ). Ad it's too bad everyone has the same "story." This FE was just the definition of mistake or disaster. Only good thing about this FE was the nw map for Bajor ground and the the second biggest plothole in this series, the prison facility.
I loved the new FE. Then again I'm a huge DS9 buff. I thought the Prison was a neat addition. Look at the prison facitilies in Enterprise, same flavor. Good job on this Cryptic!