Lt. Commander
# 161
03-28-2012, 10:35 AM
The thread has allready reached 16 pages with people complaining about the changes made to Field Generator, the question is now what is Cryptic going to do?
Lt. Commander
# 162
03-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Bridger View Post
The thread has allready reached 16 pages with people complaining about the changes made to Field Generator, the question is now what is Cryptic going to do?
Likely nothing based off of the feedback provided in the thread. There's nothing valuable for Cryptic to work with. The ones who have tested it on Tribble haven't come back and said they were greatly affected. The ones who haven't tested it yet are the ones screaming about the nerf.

Cryptic can do many things, but work with folks who haven't tested the changes in the test environment...not so much.
Lt. Commander
# 163
03-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
So far, with few exceptions, this thread doesn't much qualify. MightionNY posted his actual in-game numbers. This isn't a massive nerf in terms of the game. (Indeed, less than 10% of shield effective strength loss.)

Yes, the console nerf is pretty big. But, it isn't the only factor. A 50% (or 49 point something nerf) on a console does not translate to a 50% survival nerf. Indeed, the highest numbers (avoiding power usage) still come out as no more than 25% in the far edge case scenario (with a 10-13% range for most other folks).

As far as I can tell, the biggest hit by this isn't the tac/sci ships that people feared - it's the cruisers (but the delta here is only 1-3%, not a huge number).

You keep missing the point.

The problem with this change is that it is an uneven nerf.

The problem is that some ships, like my KDF Tac in his BoP, can stack 3 of these which means he has more shields than he has now with a single 35% console.

My Fed Tac on the other hand, in his Bugship, now drops down to a single 18% console with no way to make up for the loss.

The MVAE? It can stack 3 of these for greater than prior benefit.

The Defiant? It can only stack 2 of these for prior functionality.

The Oddy Sci can stack 4 of these, for more than double (+72%) than it was able to with one 35% console.

The Dread & Assault Cruiser on the other hand can only stack 2.

The Bortas is really unfortunate, because it is a heavy battle cruiser but it can only use 1.

This is what I mean by an uneven nerf.

In addition to that, these consoles are seen as "must have" items. They are effectively a 1 slot console slot tax.

Now, they will eat up more console space than they did previously.

That's why I keep suggesting the following solutions:

Keep it unique, at 35%. This is the same console slot cost for everyone and does not punish any ships unfairly vs. other ships - I really do not believe the devs went ship by ship to see how this would work out.

or

Remove it from the game, and adjust either all shield items to have their capacity where the devs feel they should be or alternatively (and I think a better solution) remove it from the game and adjust the shield modifiers of ship classes directly. This would be a more precise way for the devs to put all shields where they want them, in the context of the current state of the game.

Even if the second suggestion ends up in an overall reduction for everyone in shields, its at least a fair and even nerf across the board for everyone/ship.

Unlike the proposed ship, where some ships can actually make out better than when the item was unique and others making out worse.

There are no "interesting" choices for non-sci ships to make, because the best option is to slot as many of these as your ship allows.
Lt. Commander
# 164
03-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Aehm.. is that the endversion of the new lootcontainers? They can be overlooked very fast, especially on a grey ground like defera invasion or some facility missions :/
Lt. Commander
# 165
03-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey all, there's a feedback thread about the console in the Feedback forum. It would be helpful to put your feedback there, as that's where the teams look for feedback.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 166
03-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
Likely nothing based off of the feedback provided in the thread. There's nothing valuable for Cryptic to work with. The ones who have tested it on Tribble haven't come back and said they were greatly affected. The ones who haven't tested it yet are the ones screaming about the nerf.

Cryptic can do many things, but work with folks who haven't tested the changes in the test environment...not so much.
My feedback was in the thread the in general chat section of the forum.

My mvam with maco mk11 shield lost over 1200 hitpoints pere shield facing with the current change.
This is unacceptable as I said in that thread. I now have the choice of being super squishy or lose the borg and mvam consoles, which means I would then lose the borg set abilities.

Not happy
Lt. Commander
# 167
03-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Hey all, there's a feedback thread about the console in the Feedback forum. It would be helpful to put your feedback there, as that's where the teams look for feedback.

Thanks!
Ok, i'll go repeat myself yet again in that thread too then......
Lt. Commander
# 168
03-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:

Thanks!
I've done as you asked, but is there some reason I can not go directly to the Tribble Feedback forum from the forum jump feature?

I only have this sub-forum listed under tribble, if anyone else is the same they will all be herded here first.
Lt. Commander
# 169
03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayus_Korianis
Honestly, I haven't seen it boost my shields capacity AL ALL.
Ah. That would be because the consoles are disabled for people who badly mispell "Enterprise".
Lt. Commander
# 170
03-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:

Thanks!
Posted there as well, but now I see it on the live release notes anyway, so I guess the feedback was ignored after all.