Lt. Commander
# 21
03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty excited about a few of the changes here (the fix for FAW and Theta especially).

I don't really care about the 35% shield console (it could be removed entirely and I'd wouldn't mind) but I suspect this blatant nerf isn't going to go over well. I realize you guys wanted to make things more intuitive but keeping it unique or even giving them diminishing returns might have been better for keeping the peace.

The Shield Distribution Doff change is a nice surprise. Short of making it unique (like the Astrometrics Doff) this is a baby step in the right direction and that it's a relatively minor adjustment still keeps it as a great Doff.

Hazard Emitters continuing to clear as it heals is another great fix, that's one of the biggest issues with Theta and Warp Plasma. I hope that we can look forward to more adjustments in the event that the fix to Hazards, combined with the fix to Theta, hurts Theta too much.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
you would think such great changes to FAW, Hazard Emitters,Theta and plasma would be the biggest news, but the field generators gets the all the headlines again!
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
Console space is at a premium and using more than one is stupid even before this change.... dont punish the rest of to make them stackable for people who want to make stupid builds.

Put them back to they way they were and make them not stackable.

I forsee/hope for massive outrage.
QFT right here. But im curious though, why so this when there have been SOOO many new consoles added to the game?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
It looks like they cut the effectiveness of the Field Generator Consoles in half basically. A Mk XI blue Field Generator Console gives +18% shields now. I am not a fan of this change at all. Why not change the consoles back to their original percentages and apply a diminishing returns formula if you use more than one if you absolutely have to reduce the shield benefits? As it is you have to use two consoles to get the same benefit you used to get with one console.

Personally I didn't see a problem with allowing the stacking at the original percent numbers anyway as you gave up other consoles by doing that. Even stacking nothing but Field Generator Consoles would only buy you a few more seconds of intact shields with current damage output numbers.

Another way to fix this questionable change would be to give all ships an additional free science console slot or increase base shield capacity on all shields to offset the percentage loss, but we all know that is highly unlikely to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
I just logged into Tribble. My one and only field generator went from 35 percent to 18 percent. This cost my Tactical Odyssey running Aegis shields from 13,866 to 12,492. Which comes out to a loss of close to ten percent, for what it's worth.

:/
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-26-2012, 08:13 PM
I seldom bother to comment on Release Notes, but this is just silly. Why nerf Field Generator consoles? This should either be reverted to one per ship or, at the very least, changed so that Field Generators exist in game before Mk XI so players can learn to use, and stack, them earlier than RA.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Wow, just wow. I can't even begin to tell you how mad I am about this massive slap in the face. Don't let the Generator be stackable and leave it as is.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
I think the best fix for the Shield units is too just delete them. Seriously there crutch anyway. Just remove the stupid things, they should have never existed too begin with. If you can't balance damage numbers properly with everyone having an "intended" shield factor on there ships your just plain bad at what you do. I don't believe that's the case, so delete them and buff or nerf numbers as needed after it shakes out.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
How is cryptic supposed to sell us new C Store ships if we don't have space on our VA ships for the consoles they come with?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-26-2012, 08:24 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes