Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Well, I am a 200+ veteran first off, so I am NOT a noob.... I PVP. PVE, and am Vice Admiral 50...

Now, I go plunk down $50 for the Odyssey three ship pack, load it up with the BEST bridge guys, good buffs and consoles (I read the forums semi-weekly) and weapons and I am stoked... THEN I load up a PVP.... THREE SHOTS FROM A GUY and my shields go to zero and I blow up in my NEW BIGGEST cruiser EVER build before I even knew someone had targeted me?!?! What is wrong with this pic?? THIS IS NO WAY I should die in THREE hits - I don't care what buffs, weapons, or skills you have NO CRUISER should die that quick... this is JUST no way STAR TREK like or fun...

So thinking it was a fluke, I played more and it happened OVER and OVER... this is SO unbalanced as to make PVP unplayable!! I pay $50 for a TOP OF THE LINE CRUISER that dies FASTER then my light cruiser (yes, I tried a LT. GRADE ENTERPRISE CRUISER AT VICE ADMIRAL level and I LAST LONGER!!) or tactical escort... does anyone else see a problem here??! UNTIL this is FIXED, I for one WILL NOT PAY THIS GAME ANOTHER dime and have dropped from GOLD to SILVER and will no longer pay a $15 monthly fee to get killed in THREE shots over and over...

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
I don't see any problem with the odyssey it's a great ship and i fly mine with pride.

i can get that you don't want to be 3 shoted by another player. So as a odyssey i hereby challenge you to a 1v1 match in the ker'ret pvp warzone (fellow ker'reters if he accepts this challenge please leave use to the fight. and feel free to watch if you like) or a privite challenge map works just as good. i'll prove that the Odyssey Class StarShip is worth the time and money.

My Name is Ayane and you'll find me in the ker'ret warzone tomorrow night at the top of the cracked planet at 9pm mountion time.

if you show good on ya if not Oh well theres always PvE for ya
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-27-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
kjfsdklfjs;kldjflkjsdfkl
WTF man?

Peopel are willing to help you and you answer like that?

If your flying a cruiser.. deal with its turn rate

get useful consoles such as restance ones...

And remember.. buying a ship doesent means instant wins... this game is complex...

YOu can rarely use the same skill setup for different ships..

Well this remembered my wheni bought a Guramaba Siege destroyer and go killed from a Heavy BoP... i just changed 2 of my engineer consoles and replaced canons with beam arrays..then changed from canon rapid fire to beam fire at will ... that made me win...

Id just say you need to learn to control you ship...and if your not able to control this type of ship.. just get another ship wich u know how to control..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-27-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Okay - here is the build:

Odyssey Tactical Cruiser

AEGIS system (All 3 pieces - shield, deflector, engine)

Engineering Consoles: Worker Bee Console, 3 Mark XI RCS accelerators

Science Consoles: Universal Separation Console, Neutronium Mark XI (rare), Field Generator Mark XI (rare, 35% max shield capacity)

Tactical Console: Aqaurius Escort Console, 2 Mark XI Rare Phaser Relays (I run 6 phaser arrays, 3 fore and 3 after (all mark XI rares) with a rare mark XI quantum torp DMGx2 fore and aft
,,, To put it lightly... Your setup is junk.

Omega Deflector & Engines + MACO Shield nets you the best results in most cases. Or you can go Borg Deflector & Engine with MACO Shield.

Throw those stupid RCS consoles out the nearest airlock. You want to turn!? Drop that Saucer and use Attack Pattern Omega, Alpha, Dueterium Surplus, and Evasive Maneuvers.

Get your Borg Assimilated Universal Module in there somewhere.

Do not waste your Tact slots on the Aquarius. Put it elsewhere and use 2 Energy Weapon Boosters and 1 Torp Booster. I suggest using Hargh'pengs with 3 Dual Beam Banks up front and a Torp, 3 Arrays in back and a Torp. Antiproton is your friend.

As for BOFFS, get yourself a Lt. Commander Tactical, make sure you have 2 copies of Tactical Team. Get Transfer Shield Strength, Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, Hazard Emitters I and II, and Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field II or III. Get some Warp Plasma in there to hold these suckers down and love you some Attack Pattern Beta I and Omega I.

If you begin to get hit slam TT instantly and watch your cool downs. No ship in the game can survive if you do nothing to stop the alpha strikes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Okay... you see my build and worthless or NOT I have 8000+ shields, 42000 hull (which were both full) and THREE hits kills me over and over??? WHAT weapon and buffs do 16666.67 points of damage each!? NONE! Or there should be none... it makes NO SENSE AT ALL... you are missing the point here... something is NOT balanced - I love the ship in PVE and I dominate... I don't even get to use any officer skills or anything before I die - if Starfleet OR in real life if you build a ship like that it would be RECALLED and scraped... I don't know if it is an exploit or a cheat but something is DEAD wrong with that amount of damage in THREE hits...
Um... Seriously? My Odyssey could blow yours to bits in 2 hits if I got a tiny bit lucky... With the Omega Set 2 piece bonus your shields would drop so fast your head would spin if you do not use Tactical Team to shore up the facing I am pounding. I drop Attack Pattern Beta I & Fire on my Mark on you, Attack Pattern Alpha, Tactical Fleet, Tactical Team, and Beam Overload II on me and I can hit your bare hull for a 40~60K Crit and dust you in ONE BLAST. You NEED to use BOFF abilities to make ANY ship tank. It will not tank for you. It does not have the several million Hull that a Borg Cube does. In group PvP it is even worse if multiple people are destroying your resistances and making you open to serious damage.

I once got off a 77,122 damage Crit from my Javelin in my Guramba because other folks debuffed the heck out of the target. That would have killed you flat-out through your shields in ONE SHOT with damage to spare... Getting the idea? It is all about hardening your shields/hull and not being ganged up on by too many enemies. (ie. Try to work together with your team better than they work together with theirs.)

There is no be-all end-all super ship but I must say the Odyssey is a mighty and serious boat to be reckoned with. Do not discount it so easily. Do not blame your tools when others do just fine.

As to your argument of "Ships should not be killed in one shot in Star Trek" let me refer you to these clips from DS9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50d18...eature=related]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-27-2012, 08:07 AM
JXC, what you've told us of your setup (IE: no Boff abilities), your gear and slotting are absolute junk. Also, as stated, if you are in pvp, you have to be proactive about using your abilities.

I'm surprised it took as many as 3 hits to get destroyed.


So, no, it's not a game problem, it's you.

The good news is that, because it's not a design flaw, it's something you can correct.

(I have nothing more to say that the previous poster didn't cover very well)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
Omega Deflector & Engines + MACO Shield nets you the best results in most cases. Or you can go Borg Deflector & Engine with MACO Shield.
I honestly didn't find the accuracy boost all that important with the Omega Deflector. In fact, the configuration you suggested would be more geared towards an offensive build. I would rather go with the MACO shield and deflector, and go with the Omega engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Okay... you see my build and worthless or NOT I have 8000+ shields, 42000 hull (which were both full) and THREE hits kills me over and over??? WHAT weapon and buffs do 16666.67 points of damage each!? NONE! Or there should be none... it makes NO SENSE AT ALL... you are missing the point here... something is NOT balanced - I love the ship in PVE and I dominate... I don't even get to use any officer skills or anything before I die - if Starfleet OR in real life if you build a ship like that it would be RECALLED and scraped... I don't know if it is an exploit or a cheat but something is DEAD wrong with that amount of damage in THREE hits...
My Escort has 10k shields (with field generator mk xi rare and 41k hull). Perhaps you should look at your skill point allocation as to why you have significantly less shields and hull then other players.

If it took 3 volleys to destroy your ship, why did you not activate your shield heals from your bridge officers? You should have activated you shield heals as soon as you saw you got hit with the first shot.

Honestly, a ship that does well in PvE does not necessarily mean it can do PvP well. PvE is very forgiving. PvP is not. If you fix your skill points and your configuration to make it decent in PvP, you will do well in PvE.

I have played with my Fleet mates in PvP, against both veteran and new. The difference is night an day. Against a veteran PvPer who has a good build and knows how to keep their shields up, it can take me awhile to kill them (assuming I can). Against a player who was new to PvP and thought he was doing great in PvE, I killed him in three volleys with my alpha strike. He had 6k shields and 51k hull and in the freebie Odyssey. Even when I let him fire on me without me firing back, he couldn't reach my hull because of my shield heals (and I was not moving, so my defense was at 10%).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Okay... you see my build and worthless or NOT I have 8000+ shields, 42000 hull (which were both full) and THREE hits kills me over and over??? WHAT weapon and buffs do 16666.67 points of damage each!? NONE! Or there should be none... it makes NO SENSE AT ALL... you are missing the point here... something is NOT balanced - I love the ship in PVE and I dominate... I don't even get to use any officer skills or anything before I die - if Starfleet OR in real life if you build a ship like that it would be RECALLED and scraped... I don't know if it is an exploit or a cheat but something is DEAD wrong with that amount of damage in THREE hits...
If your shields are not at 125 power level, you are missing about 40% damage reduction to shields right there.

FYI. That would make 16,500 DPS go down to: 9,900 DPS. Now, if you run with EPTSI, you just reduced the damage about 20% more, so that same 16,500 DPS just dropped to 6,600 DPS. This is on an alpha strike, and probably with a ship bearing at least six weapons on you, not three. You exaggeration that three shots from a ship destroyed you is rather ridiculous. The truth is more like you had six to eight weapons bearing down on you and dealing that much damage across the span of a few seconds, maybe ten seconds. Therefore, if you equip some armor that resists all damage types, you can in effect shut down this kind of alpha strike so long as you used EPTSI proactively.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Most BoPs/Raptors and Battle Cruisers will eat 8000+ shields in the first pass if your resists are not up and running at near full/full levels.

Shield Tanking/Hull Tanking/ Defense Resist Tanking knowledge is what makes the good cruiser (or any vessel) hard to crack in PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Another thing to consider is… in PVP, unless you are running from a fight, DO NOT EVER… enter a fight, when coming directly from full impulse speed. You will die.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
I honestly didn't find the accuracy boost all that important with the Omega Deflector. In fact, the configuration you suggested would be more geared towards an offensive build. I would rather go with the MACO shield and deflector, and go with the Omega engines.


My Escort has 10k shields (with field generator mk xi rare and 41k hull). Perhaps you should look at your skill point allocation as to why you have significantly less shields and hull then other players.

If it took 3 volleys to destroy your ship, why did you not activate your shield heals from your bridge officers? You should have activated you shield heals as soon as you saw you got hit with the first shot.

Honestly, a ship that does well in PvE does not necessarily mean it can do PvP well. PvE is very forgiving. PvP is not. If you fix your skill points and your configuration to make it decent in PvP, you will do well in PvE.

I have played with my Fleet mates in PvP, against both veteran and new. The difference is night an day. Against a veteran PvPer who has a good build and knows how to keep their shields up, it can take me awhile to kill them (assuming I can). Against a player who was new to PvP and thought he was doing great in PvE, I killed him in three volleys with my alpha strike. He had 6k shields and 51k hull and in the freebie Odyssey. Even when I let him fire on me without me firing back, he couldn't reach my hull because of my shield heals (and I was not moving, so my defense was at 10%).
I do not use the Deflector for the Accuracy. I use it for the Tetryon Glider 2 part bonus (Which is decently powerful and tends to SHRED shields). Yes, it is an offensive build because he is flying the Tactical Odyssey. If he wants to tank like mad he should fly the Command Odyssey because that thing can be nearly indestructible with the right build and some mild support.


If they can tank things like Tactical Cubes and Gates in Elite STFS (Including their Torps) without having to escape the pounding then it is likely that even in PvP they are going to be a nightmare to take down. So PvE CAN translate but only the most extreme and difficult parts of it. Anything less than the OP Borg or getting a group of five folks together and taking on a mission on Elite where you do all the killing with all the increased spawns will not really prepare you. (There are some fun missions to try that in too LOL)

One of the biggest common mistakes I see people make in PvP and PvE alike is that they sit still... Then they wonder why they get blown up... Seriously, MOVE, never stop moving, even in a Cruiser.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
If your shields are not at 125 power level, you are missing about 40% damage reduction to shields right there.

FYI. That would make 16,500 DPS go down to: 9,900 DPS. Now, if you run with EPTSI, you just reduced the damage about 20% more, so that same 16,500 DPS just dropped to 6,600 DPS. This is on an alpha strike, and probably with a ship bearing at least six weapons on you, not three. You exaggeration that three shots from a ship destroyed you is rather ridiculous. The truth is more like you had six to eight weapons bearing down on you and dealing that much damage across the span of a few seconds, maybe ten seconds. Therefore, if you equip some armor that resists all damage types, you can in effect shut down this kind of alpha strike so long as you used EPTSI proactively.
Honestly... If he was sitting still and got Debuffed and did not have any BOFF abilities running then it is fully believable that he could have been hit three times for damage like that. It just depends on what was shooting him and if it was critical or not. It also depends on how many debuffs he had. Let me tell you from experience... You get a lot of Debuffs on a single target even TURRETS start to feel like jack hammers. The most amazing example I ever saw as a group of STF Elite runners doing an RA with me and we took down the V'ger probe in roughly 10 seconds... We did not even bother killing the Regen probes. I never got a single skill to cooldown. It was just raw, unadulterated Borg butt whoopin at its finest. If that sort of thing happens to a player ship it just goes POP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I do not use the Deflector for the Accuracy. I use it for the Tetryon Glider 2 part bonus (Which is decently powerful and tends to SHRED shields). Yes, it is an offensive build because he is flying the Tactical Odyssey. If he wants to tank like mad he should fly the Command Odyssey because that thing can be nearly indestructible with the right build and some mild support.

If they can tank things like Tactical Cubes and Gates in Elite STFS (Including their Torps) without having to escape the pounding then it is likely that even in PvP they are going to be a nightmare to take down. So PvE CAN translate but only the most extreme and difficult parts of it. Anything less than the OP Borg or getting a group of five folks together and taking on a mission on Elite where you do all the killing with all the increased spawns will not really prepare you. (There are some fun missions to try that in too LOL)

One of the biggest common mistakes I see people make in PvP and PvE alike is that they sit still... Then they wonder why they get blown up... Seriously, MOVE, never stop moving, even in a Cruiser.
I'm sure the Tetryon Glider is worth it for some builds. For my skill point allocation, I get -29 shield damage (no points into flow capacitors). So, really, it's not worth it for me.

There's really no tanking a tactical cube. Even the best shield heal looper cannot stop a 50k invisible torpedo that bypasses shields. Hell, even the heavy torpedo is enough to take out most ships. Most people that are confused as to why their ship performs so poorly in PvP when they do fine in PvE, is that they probably can't tell how well they are really doing compared to everyone else. Unless they parse their runs.

As for the gate, why would you need to tank it? Sitting in it's firing arc is silly. Attack it from the side where the firing arc is reduced to 7.5km.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 AM.