Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Need Some help please.

I was navigating through sector space trying to go inside a sector when i got Dc'ed. The error that showed is "couldnt transfer character". I tried restarting the game; transwarping, reducing the video preferences (as was suggested by other players) but to no avail. I asked for GM support but didnt get reply yet. It's been a couple of hours now ( i tried shutting my computer relogging afterwards hoping that it will be fixed - but still same issue "couldnt trasnfer character"). Funny thing i can fly around the sector and do Duty OFficer assignemnts but i couldnt leave the sector or anything that that requires a loading screen.

Is there anyone, who can help me out with this, am now a bit frustrated (was thinking i wasted $100 on this game from buying Cryptic pts)

Please help.

Jay
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-22-2012, 03:20 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=263184

Might be worth chucking it in here as theres a thread about the transfer character/disconnect
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Has anyone sorted this problem out yet? Please advise as i am currently having same problem with my klingon. Im stuck in pi canis sector - i was about to do Pi canis sortie bravo mission when i got dc'ed - same issue 'cannot trasnfer character '- i tried logging out/in; transwarp; adjusting vidoe preferences - but not working.

Please if anyone was able to fix this prob - pls advise. ty.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-22-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenovita View Post
Please Cryptic!!!!

Resolve this issue ASAP!!

I have leveled a klingon toon and everytime I enter in Omega Leonis I cannot leave!!!!!

Please, few bugs we can understand, but this is unbearable, I cannot play the damn toon and this happens in no other place like Omega Leonis, where we must go for the transwarp gate, Qo'nos, etc, etc, etc!!!

The GM recommended me, to no go there, COME ON!!!! It is like recommending not to go to ESD!!!

Are you kidding me?

Please resolve this ASAP!!!
That's indeed a pretty useless response, though it may indicate that Customer Support doesn't have any useful ideas yet.

You can try to "escalate" the ticket by creating a new one, explaining the problem again, referring to the old one and ask for the issue to be escaleted.

You can try alternative ways to change places, though it seems you at least already tried some of them.
  • Transwarp to Q'Onos / Earth Space Dock
  • Alternate Transwarp Locations from Diplomacy etc.
  • Mission Transwarp
  • Visit the Bridge
  • Invitation from other Player to His Bridge
  • PvE Queues (Fleet Actions, STFs, The Vault Event)
  • PvP Queues

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing works, and several of those would only be temporary solutions (Only the Transwarps actually move you to a different place, everything else will eventually return you to your current location.)
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Sounds like something very uncommon, but if there is another thread about it already, it may have become more common.

Make absolutely sure that you put in a GM Ticket and not a bug ticket. If you have, you will need to wait for now, I am afraid, I don't think anyone has a solution yet. :/ Going by the other thread, the GM replies are not neccessarily actually helpful...

You can try alternative ways to change places, though it seems you at least already tried some of them.
  • Transwarp to Q'Onos / Earth Space Dock
  • Alternate Transwarp Locations from Diplomacy etc.
  • Mission Transwarp
  • Visit the Bridge
  • Invitation from other Player to His Bridge
  • PvE Queues (Fleet Actions, STFs, The Vault Event)
  • PvP Queues
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Hi Mustrum,

I really appreaciate your inputs here, the truth is I have already tried everything you wrote there with no use.

It is seems that Omega Leonis is some kind of jail to my toon. When I was in other sectors, I transwarped to Qo'nos ok, from there I went to the shipshard and back with no problems, then, I had hopes the issue was fixed so I went to Omega Leonis and set course to the Transwarp Gate... and then all began again...
I cannot visit the bridge, nor change any maps, I will get the "transfer error" every single time.

I am really frustrated with this...

Let me be clear on this, the GM was very helpful and I am aware none of this is his fault.

Let me show you the ticket information
Quote:
Issue Summary:
Hi, I was playing normally, when I tried to enter a STF. I was not able to enter, it let me out and now when I try to load any new map i get the error "Couldn't Transfer Character", I cannot load any maps or get invited to bridge, etc, etc, etc. Please address ASAP. Thank you.

Sasz@cenovita

Hi,

Sadly I am facing the same issue.

If you want you can move my toon anywhere you like if that helps you to fix the issue, I am actually on Omega Leonis.

Thank you for your help.

Edit 2:

Hi, indeed you moved me, so I went back successfully to Omega Leonis BUT when i tried to enter Qo'nos System, same error...
And now I am back in the same situation, I cannot leave Omega Leonis system AT ALL, I cannot load any other map...

Thank you for your help on this

Customer Service Responses:
Hello, I have attempted to move the character back into Neutral Space again. If you have not already done so please submit a detailed Bug Report about this issue. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses. In the meantime it may be best to avoid the areas where you encountered the error. Thank you for playing,
I have submitted bug report and yestereday I have re-submitted another ticket which was deleted cause I dont see it here.
I will edit this again and see whats happen...
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Here is the solution...

enjoy ^_^

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=271071
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks primonemo, I will try your solution once I get home.