Lt. Commander
There are several pay bundle costume appearances that really seem like the kinds of things you'd see on some members of KDF. In some cases, they seem MORE likely to be on KDF than Federation.

If there's any way for devs to do this, I will almost literally throw money at Cryptic. As it is, these bundles are unbought because my Federation character wears... Federation uniform.

Mercenary Set
Yeah, I realize KDF doesn't get off-duty stuff, but you could plonk this into 'uniform' for KDF. I mean, look at some of the Orion outfits.
Being some fringe mercenary thrown in with KDF makes way more sense than Federation doing same.

T'pol
Why not? It has no insignia.

Section 31
Heck, it'd look perfect on a Romulan or Reman castaway member of KDF, plus more somber Orions or Letheans.

The Motion Picture
These 'uniforms' look far different than the usual Fed stuff.

Mirror Universe
Kooky stuff, maybe some paradimensional travelers in with KDF...

Heck, many of the other 'uniform' bundles look pretty general if you simply null out the Starfleet badge or rank markings, like the Jupiter uniforms or Enterprise packs.

Sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2012, 05:56 PM
The Bajoran Millita uniforms should be on the KDF side as it was often used as a generic "police uniform" for minor planets. The same planets which the "Alien" (nee Unknown) species could hail from.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Well, anything's better than what costume options Cryptic has planned for the KDF: Nothing!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2012, 11:10 PM
And some more normal looking boots that doesn't have spikes and flaps all over the place would be nice too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minormiracle View Post
And some more normal looking boots that doesn't have spikes and flaps all over the place would be nice too.
The KDF should at least have access to the TOS boots, since that's what that's what the female Klingons wore in TOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
The Bajoran Millita uniforms should be on the KDF side as it was often used as a generic "police uniform" for minor planets. The same planets which the "Alien" (nee Unknown) species could hail from.
Just to stay on the windy side of cannon, what about allowing the Bajoran uniforms without the Bajor insignia and only on KDF aliens?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
Just to stay on the windy side of cannon, what about allowing the Bajoran uniforms without the Bajor insignia and only on KDF aliens?
Since when has cannon ever mattered in this game? Cryptic has paid lip service AT BEST to cannon since day one. At this point, almost anything goes.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Since when has cannon ever mattered in this game? Cryptic has paid lip service AT BEST to cannon since day one. At this point, almost anything goes.
I was sort of hoping to reign in too much non-cannon that doesn't make sense.

On a different note I'd like to see some non-spiky boot options for the KDF, including the TOS boots. I mean, they did wear them in TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Canon. Canon.

Khaaaaaaaaanon!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
There are several pay bundle costume appearances that really seem like the kinds of things you'd see on some members of KDF. In some cases, they seem MORE likely to be on KDF than Federation.

If there's any way for devs to do this, I will almost literally throw money at Cryptic. As it is, these bundles are unbought because my Federation character wears... Federation uniform.

Mercenary Set
Yeah, I realize KDF doesn't get off-duty stuff, but you could plonk this into 'uniform' for KDF. I mean, look at some of the Orion outfits.
Being some fringe mercenary thrown in with KDF makes way more sense than Federation doing same.

T'pol
Why not? It has no insignia.

Section 31
Heck, it'd look perfect on a Romulan or Reman castaway member of KDF, plus more somber Orions or Letheans.

The Motion Picture
These 'uniforms' look far different than the usual Fed stuff.

Mirror Universe
Kooky stuff, maybe some paradimensional travelers in with KDF...

Heck, many of the other 'uniform' bundles look pretty general if you simply null out the Starfleet badge or rank markings, like the Jupiter uniforms or Enterprise packs.

Sigh.
I absolutely agree. Non explicit Starfleet clothes should be availlable for everyone imo.
I am not so sure about the Motion Picture uniforms, since they are part of Starfleet history.
I agree that the Jupiter uniforms look not necessarily like starfleet very much, especially witout the Rank makrings and communicator, they could easily serve as generic alien uniform imo.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes, I was going to buy the merc set. Glad i checked here first. Granted I could have sworn I saw someone wearing merc clothes on Qn'Ons the other day. Hacker maybe?