Lt. Commander
# 11
03-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Probably the Omega set, which looks pretty merc-like (that's what my Engineer KDF has, for pretty much that reason)
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred

I absolutely agree. Non explicit Starfleet clothes should be availlable for everyone imo.
I am not so sure about the Motion Picture uniforms, since they are part of Starfleet history.
I agree that the Jupiter uniforms look not necessarily like starfleet very much, especially witout the Rank makrings and communicator, they could easily serve as generic alien uniform imo.

Live long and prosper.
I would support adding varients of the Jupiter uniforms to the KDF side. Use a Klingon badge in place of the Federation ones, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
Canon. Canon.

Khaaaaaaaaanon!
Do you think that Cryptic cares much for canon?
How comes that we have the excelsior being a more powerful ship than the Sovereign?
How comes everyone can choose the uniform he likes?
How comes that Starfleet ship can be equipped with reman shields, Borg stuff without Starfleet approval?
How comes that masses of Starfleet officers slaughtering their enemies with Bat'leth or Lirpas?
I could go on for hours...

STO is a Star Trek theme park IMHO.
KDF players should get acess to civilian clothes, just as our BOFFs should get acess to off duty clothes.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2012, 01:43 AM
The Lirpais purely ceremonial (unless some big ugly Gorn trys to rip my head off in which case its only logic to hit him with it .

Live long and prosper
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
Do you think that Cryptic cares much for canon?
Not at all, it's just driving me nuts that people keep spelling it 'cannon' when they don't mean 'boom boom.'
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Not at all, it's just driving me nuts that people keep spelling it 'cannon' when they don't mean 'boom boom.'
I know what you mean.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
There are several pay bundle costume appearances that really seem like the kinds of things you'd see on some members of KDF. In some cases, they seem MORE likely to be on KDF than Federation.

If there's any way for devs to do this, I will almost literally throw money at Cryptic. As it is, these bundles are unbought because my Federation character wears... Federation uniform.

Mercenary Set
Yeah, I realize KDF doesn't get off-duty stuff, but you could plonk this into 'uniform' for KDF. I mean, look at some of the Orion outfits.
Being some fringe mercenary thrown in with KDF makes way more sense than Federation doing same.

T'pol
Why not? It has no insignia.

Section 31
Heck, it'd look perfect on a Romulan or Reman castaway member of KDF, plus more somber Orions or Letheans.

The Motion Picture
These 'uniforms' look far different than the usual Fed stuff.

Mirror Universe
Kooky stuff, maybe some paradimensional travelers in with KDF...

Heck, many of the other 'uniform' bundles look pretty general if you simply null out the Starfleet badge or rank markings, like the Jupiter uniforms or Enterprise packs.

Sigh.
/sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
The Bajoran Millita uniforms should be on the KDF side as it was often used as a generic "police uniform" for minor planets. The same planets which the "Alien" (nee Unknown) species could hail from.
/sign

Seriously, thats what I have suggestet about a million times by now, and it makes sense.

Making the costumes that actually are not really faction specific (or do not make much sense in any faction^^) faction neutral reduces the gab between KDF and FED in TAHT AREA significantly and will raise the value of that faction a lot.

And well, it wouldnt even take much to close that gab for good after that. I mean 4-6 kdf unique costumes to bring them en par is far more reasonable then... what is it now? 20?

Edit:
Oh just have been to Quo'nos picking my Tribble from a Lethean.
Guess what he was wearing; the Merc-set!
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Klingons can already use more FED things then FED can use of klingon... I really dont see this as a good idea, dont like how klingons dress? Dont play klingon..

How about FED gets battle cloak and half the klingon toys to use in exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkxue74
Klingons can already use more FED things then FED can use of klingon... I really dont see this as a good idea, dont like how klingons dress? Dont play klingon..

How about FED gets battle cloak and half the klingon toys to use in exchange?
How much material in canon is ther that is uniquely Klingon? There is still plenty of material that is Federation only. Also, the KDF is much less develpoed than the Federation Faction. What you are suggesting is that it should remain hamstrung.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-14-2012, 08:22 AM
I absolutely agree with this idea. I have made my own thread as well

Personally, I think the C-Store costumes should open up because it will make them more money. It can't possibly make them less.