Lt. Commander
# 1 New Loot Container feedback
03-27-2012, 08:57 AM
The new loot containers are definitely more detailed, but may be a bit easier to miss, especially the ground loot containers on busy maps. They're no longer the glowy orbs and shapes we used to know. Now they're more like actual metal boxes and satellites, with a few lights decorating them:

(sorry, didn't come across any Very Rare Loot Containers last night/this morning)

I think the ground loot containers need some tweaking. As can be seen in the pictures above, they get easily lost in busy ground maps that have rubble or other doodads on the ground. Maybe if they had some sort of holo-projection or light beam coming out of them?

What do you guys think?

EDIT: fixed the rare space loot container link
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2012, 09:06 AM
These look kind of cool; I think they're an improvement on the previous ones, though a glow to make them more noticeable might improve on the concept.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Edit: you fixed the link.

I wonder what these look like "from a distance".. the old orange glowy ones were pretty easy to spot several "fight areas away" if you missed one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
Edit: you fixed the link.

I wonder what these look like "from a distance".. the old orange glowy ones were pretty easy to spot several "fight areas away" if you missed one.
Yeah. These look nicer but are definitely easier to miss IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised they didn't use these containment modules from the series for the new loot containers. Just replace the Lcars displays with the colour of the item inside, and you have something that can be used for both space and ground.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2012, 11:07 AM
The ground ones especially need to have brighter color glow. They look too much like they are part of the map in the current state.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
And for ground, the 'entire' container probibly/should be 'above' ground, cause currently, the containers are half-buried, making it nearly invisible. (And seems to be subject to visibilty rules/distance, unlike the old boxes which if I recall, were always visible even with lots of objects on the screen)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
It was noted in the latest TRIBBLE patch notes that it was a Known Issue that the ground loot containers are appearing half-buried in the ground, so I'm sure this will get fixed soon.

In the meantime, Farktoid spawned himself as a Rare Ground Loot Container, so we can at least see what the entire model is supposed to look like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @CrypticEQAH
They told me I could become anything I wanted. So I became a loot bag. http://pic.twitter.com/ZvjNRZzG
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Maybe a horizontal beam of light for ground loot like in SWTOR? And a Beacon for the space loot? I would have prefered some actual space garbage to simulate the wreckage of a ship though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
It was noted in the latest TRIBBLE patch notes that it was a Known Issue that the ground loot containers are appearing half-buried in the ground, so I'm sure this will get fixed soon.

In the meantime, Farktoid spawned himself as a Rare Ground Loot Container, so we can at least see what the entire model is supposed to look like:
'IF' you're referring to my post, then should look at the times posted, I made mines 3 Hours 'before' ZeroniusRex made the patch note about it being half buried (To me, I made my post at 3:14pm, Zero's at 6pm) And 'if' it was mentioned elsewhere on the tribble form about it, I didn't notice it.