Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
I think these new models create an issue whereby small NPC critters and ships drop HUGE METAL geometric shapes. Its something the existing gold see-through gets around.

- I would rather the team reduce the size of the ground drops and add a beam of light coming from it (much like SWTOR)

- I would rather the team introduce debris models for space drops, along the lines of EVE Online wrecks, except have a hue/aura in the debris the indicate the threshold quality of the drop inside...Wrecks would consist of some twisted metal and bulkheads. Quite generic and usable for almost all ships. Key ships, like Doomsday can have their own destructed models (well it has one already)

.. something quick (and crappy) I knocked up using EVE wrecks and my suggested aura (forgot Uncommon)

Common Loot Space Drop
Rare Loot Space Drop
Epic Loot Space Drop
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2012, 10:27 PM
So I guess my question is, is the radius to pick up the loot the same? Meaning will you be queued to pick up the loot the same as they were or has that changed as well? More often than not I know I have a drop because of the window before I even see it (especially in space). Also, when there were multiple people on the maps, under the old loot containers, it was really easy to know if it was yours or another players because yours were a glowy yellow, while another players was an off white. Does these containers have the same sort of indication? I also agree with those here. A beam of light from the loot would make it much more visible, and would be easy to work so that only the player who owns the loot sees the light.

And yes, having one of these pop out of one of those spiders or something equally as small would be sort of ridiculous, but no different than the fact that those critters/NPC ships or otherwise would have pistols or an entire shield array inside them I mean, just WHAT do the Klingons feed their Torgs that when they die, there is a personal shield or pulsewave assault rifle O,o?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
I think these new models create an issue whereby small NPC critters and ships drop HUGE METAL geometric shapes. Its something the existing gold see-through gets around.

- I would rather the team reduce the size of the ground drops and add a beam of light coming from it (much like SWTOR)

- I would rather the team introduce debris models for space drops, along the lines of EVE Online wrecks, except have a hue/aura in the debris the indicate the threshold quality of the drop inside...Wrecks would consist of some twisted metal and bulkheads. Quite generic and usable for almost all ships. Key ships, like Doomsday can have their own destructed models (well it has one already)

.. something quick (and crappy) I knocked up using EVE wrecks and my suggested aura (forgot Uncommon)

Common Loot Space Drop
Rare Loot Space Drop
Epic Loot Space Drop
I don't see these containers being dropped from small NPCs to be any more or less of an issue than the current loot containers.

I'm not sure I'd want light beams for indicators/locators, at least not for the space loot. Maybe instead have a blinking beacon effect, sort of like what we have now for nav beacons (except color coded).

Also, I haven't played on any multiplayer maps on TRIBBLE yet (or rather, when I did try out the Defera zone, no one else was in there). Is there any difference between what you see for your own loot vs. someone else's loot? Although now that I think about it, would there be an issue if they just didn't draw anyone else's loot other than the stuff you can roll for? I imagine since they can have different indicators like they do currently (yellow for your loot, white for everyone else's), they would be able to make everyone else's loot invisible just as easily.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Ran into these new containers on Holodeck, and I'm not too fond of them.

Really it's not because of their design, it's because you really don't see them. They blend into the background and is very easy not to see them. And their new design is rather large, so they could be shrunk down a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Another problem with the containers is that itīs hard to tell which ones belong to you in group missions. Having everyone run around trying to find their loot isnīt much fun.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-30-2012, 12:18 PM
I really don't know if this is related to the new containers, but since this change went live on Holodeck, I haven't seen anything but common drops
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
The ground ones especially need to have brighter color glow. They look too much like they are part of the map in the current state.
Most definitely need to have a glow or something to attract you to them. They definitely blend with the background--especially with those with not so good video cards that have to keep low settings.

Then again, i ask the question of why did they need to change?? The yellow ones did just fine in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-03-2012, 03:31 AM
The new containers are hard to see and look like grenades or something. The old yellow ones were so much better -- more visible. I don't understand why something that was working well had to be changed when there are so many other areas that need improvement. For instance, it's impossible to create a truly blonde or red-haired man because the skin textures have dark brown hair stubble on the faces and dark brown false eyebrows.. Oversights like that deserve fixing. Why "fix" something that's working?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-03-2012, 04:56 AM
I like how they appear to be actual objects now instead of videogamy glows you have to swoop up.
But they need to be more distinctive and marked as "yours".
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
I like how they appear to be actual objects now instead of videogamy glows you have to swoop up.
But they need to be more distinctive and marked as "yours".
They are marked as "yours", it's just not very apparent. Loot containers belong to you will have a slight color glow, while loot containers not belonging to you just look like metal boxes. So if you see one with any color or light fx of any kind on it, it's yours.