Lt. Commander
# 1 Leaver Penalty
03-27-2012, 01:33 PM
The heck is this crap, it used to block you from the STF game you left and now its blocking you from ALL STFS for an hour?
Thats all well and good if you bail on a Space STF because they will all end if you screw up, but the Ground STFs WILL NOT END BY THEMSELVES. Lets take my situation for example: We had someone leave elite infected so we were 4 manning it, and the 4 that were there had no business being in elite long story short it was a fail and no amount of positive thinking was going to change that.
So i left the game and got blocked from ALL STFS for an hour?
What was the alternative stay in a game that will not get completed nor will it end on its own based on the fail meter of my team being off the scale?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Ya i understand that me too sometimes that happen but i just quit and i dont really care about the cooldown on all STF and what i do is something else like manage my fleet or talk to my friends.

But i would like from Craptic is that thye decrease the cooldown to like maybie 30 min or 40 just a suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelflag View Post
it used to block you from the STF game you left and now its blocking you from ALL STFS for an hour?
Did it really change? I thought it always blocked you from the one STF you left as well. I was surprised when a fleetmate told me yesterday that it blocks you from every STF. A quick search didn't turn up anything, but another fleetmate of mine said it's always been this way. I'm just curious.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2012, 06:37 AM
But the lockout isn't global... just play an alt for an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Depends how long you have played for.

I have been stuck with complete Noobs and not had any lockdown when i finally gave up in disgust

Sounds you rage quit to early
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill4virus
Depends how long you have played for.

I have been stuck with complete Noobs and not had any lockdown when i finally gave up in disgust

Sounds you rage quit to early
Leaver penalty doesn't apply if someone else bails out first. If you've hit one of those "walls" and had someone else give up before you, then you're able to go right back into the fray.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Ok now im mad, im standing in game RIGHT NOW AS I WRITE THIS the last person in game after entire team abandoned Cure ground elite STF and as the LAST PERSON IN THE GAME I CANT LEAVE BECAUSE IT SAYS ILL GET A LEAVER PENALTY.

THIS IS OUT OF HAND YOU NEED TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2012, 06:15 PM
While it always mentions the leaving penalty, it only applies to the first person who bails.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I'll reiterate... it's not for your alts... just take the leaver penalty and play your KDF toon for an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
While it always mentions the leaving penalty, it only applies to the first person who bails.
Didn't know this previously. Does this mean that no one else gets penalized after the 1st person bails? If the latter is true, then the penalty sounds like it is more than appropriate. No one likes a deserter, regardless of their personal reasons.