Lt. Commander
# 1 Reuse old ships
03-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Gentlemen. I hate looking at the ships idling in my personal ship selection.

How about a c-store Vice Admrial Refit kit that when consumed will modify your selected ship to a class-appropriate level of weapons, hull strength and consoles.

Failing that, how about you simply release class appropriate skins for all of the ships in the game? Don't let an assault boat look like a cruiser, but let me fly around a VA-level TOS Constitution class. Eh eh eh?

I'd pay for that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I would rather see the option to "selll" or "recycle" a ship for 1/2 the rated dil value(rated 120k dil, get 60k dil for discharging non-cstore ships)

since the idea of a ship upgrade kit isnt going to happen for various reasons such as poorly designed teir system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2012, 07:54 AM
or better promote one of your bridge officers to captain and have your own fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Cryptic claims that CBS (unconfirmed by CBS) that CBS does not want lower Tier ship to appear at end-game.
Most notably the Connie, witch several people have been asking for before.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
As someone mentioned, id love to be able to promote a BO and select a ship for them and kit it out.
Once you do this then these replace you Fleet Support Skill and this is the ship that gets called in to help you out!
Perhaps we could do several ships, dreaming i know but i love the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Well there has been talk about a 'space away team' for grades 51+ (aka Admiral and Fleet Admiral or General and Dahar Master, the future ranks) on the wiki
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenTech
I would rather see the option to "selll" or "recycle" a ship for 1/2 the rated dil value(rated 120k dil, get 60k dil for discharging non-cstore ships)

since the idea of a ship upgrade kit isnt going to happen for various reasons such as poorly designed teir system.
why you get them free :/

But yeah would be nice to have a use for them
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Cryptic claims that CBS (unconfirmed by CBS) that CBS does not want lower Tier ship to appear at end-game.
Most notably the Connie, witch several people have been asking for before.
By anology, when I think of driving, the last thing I think about is hitting the freeway in a Model T Ford.

I don't care how much a Starfleet Engineer could refit a Connie, it's still older than dirt, slow, outgunned, and outclassed, because it's a 170+ year old design. It's fit for training duty and sector patrols, but I wouldn't put my flag on one.

You could make a ship that looks a lot like the Connie (on the outside, anyhow) and pack it full of the latest tech, but how well would the profile fare with a Slipstream Drive attached? Would the pylons rip right off? I dunno, that's a question for UPF I suppose :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill4virus
why you get them free :/

But yeah would be nice to have a use for them
*Some* get them for free. If you're F2P, you have to buy them with dilithium.