Lt. Commander
I would like an Android App so I can manage my Doffs even when i am not in-game (obviously there would be a limit to the number of missions i could start because my ship wouldn't move to a new area without me logging into the game).

I would even be willing to develop such an App but sadly, to my knowledge, an API has not yet been released. note: this possibility has been discussed before <http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=46046>

one highlight of the previous discussion was a debate about whether plugins made using an API would make the game too easy or otherwise break the game. would mobile-only apps still introduce this possibility?

from a closed development (aka Cryptic made) app point of veiw, there are many ways to monetize this. A). this could be a nice bonus to gold accounts. (IMO gold accounts don't get enough stuff) B). C-Store the app or sell it on the App market. C). go Reeeally Cheesy and add ads to the app

other thoughts/ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2012, 06:41 AM
I would love a app like that. Actually i was thinkin few days ago that its a shame i cant do doff missions with my phone while i'm at work. It could cycle with 60mins refreshing randomly picked missions.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim2er View Post
I would like an Android App so I can manage my Doffs even when i am not in-game (obviously there would be a limit to the number of missions i could start because my ship wouldn't move to a new area without me logging into the game).

I would even be willing to develop such an App but sadly, to my knowledge, an API has not yet been released. note: this possibility has been discussed before <http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=46046>

one highlight of the previous discussion was a debate about whether plugins made using an API would make the game too easy or otherwise break the game. would mobile-only apps still introduce this possibility?

from a closed development (aka Cryptic made) app point of veiw, there are many ways to monetize this. A). this could be a nice bonus to gold accounts. (IMO gold accounts don't get enough stuff) B). C-Store the app or sell it on the App market. C). go Reeeally Cheesy and add ads to the app

other thoughts/ideas?
I have been thinking this myself lately. It seems like an amazing opportunity to add some interesting flexibility to the game. It could also be a further step toward other wonderful "Androidy" things. I mean we're all carrying around, suspiciously, tricorder-like devices. We should put them to some Starfleet Approved use, one would think.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't see it as likely considering it's possible currently to level up to 50 just doing DOff assignments after the DOff system is unlocked on a toon. It's honestly too easy to get a new toon to 50 in the game as it is, we don't need anything else that will make it just that much easier.

It would, in effect, break the game.