Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Is their anyone else out there who would like to see more Klingon (Race not the faction) inspired carriers, or at the least a retrofit of the Vo'quv?

I really do enjoy the Kar'fi and its a good solid ship, but doesn't feel very klingon or any other allied race like. From a damage standpoint (which pve seems to be all about) the Kar'fi beats the Vo'quv in every way.

More weapons, better console slots, more maneuverability, and heck lets face it the S'kul fighters and Fer'jai Frigates are better than the To'duj fighters and BoP's.

I don't want something superior to the Kar'fi...I just wish had something a little bit better performing from a dps standpoint.

Would be happy if the Vo'quv Retrofit was like the Vor'cha Retrofit, Extra weapon and a little more agile (Maybe outmaneuvering a Bortas by a little bit?)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2012, 09:30 PM
You are free to use Skul fighters on your Vo'Quv right now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkball View Post
You are free to use Skul fighters on your Vo'Quv right now.
I know...but that doesn't help that the Vo'quv is bunches weaker in damage than the Kar'fi in a game that is dominated by dps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2012, 10:37 PM
The DPS difference between these two Carriers is the original reason why the Kar'fi was only given one Hanger Bay.

The To'duj and BoPs are more DPS than the S'kuls or Frigates as well...

Also the Vo'Quv has a LtC Sci, Tact, and Eng... no other ship has that right now....

My opinion stands... when they redid the Orion Marauder and Kar'fi.... At least one more Hanger should of been added to the Vo'Quv

If it helps... I use the To'duj Fighters more than Interceptors and S'kul fighters....
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2012, 04:01 AM
I for a voq refit and have been spouting it forever but recently had a karfi refit idea that sounded better.
Karfi? There is already a t5!!!!
Yes but similar to how cryptic did the bortas have another karfi with more if a maurauder slant(eng) to it and give it a cool console. You can combine the two karfi consoles to give you a boost to both abilities.

Just an idea. But kdf are not getting new ships.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2012, 06:46 AM
I vote for a Vo'Quv refit! I enjoy flying my Karfi around, but I'm starting to really miss my giant hunk of metal...

Heck, give it a third hangar! Make up for that lack of DPS with EVEN MORE SWARMS OF FIGHTERS!
I'm actually kinda serious, the Vo'Quv was originally made as the "carrier" to end all carriers. Then the Karfi came along and outclassed it in damage and turn-rate; but it only had one hangar, so there was still reason to play the Vo'Quv. Now the Karfi has gotten two hangars and the Vo'Quv has lost it's unique-ness and aside from liking the way it looks or not wanting to spend the money on the Karfi, there is no reason to fly the Vo'Quv.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2012, 11:02 AM
The VoQuv is more powerful than the Karfi when it comes to pets. The Karfi is more powerful than the VoQuv when it comes to ship armaments and mobility.

The problem is, Cryptic seems to keep nerfing the firepower of the birds of prey as they try to fix them. Last month the BoPs were excellent alpha damage ..then the AI flight pattern was changed and the torpedo damage nerfed and the VoQuv lost nearly 45% of its damage potential through the BoPs. Now in Tribble we see an even further nerfing in the way the BoP's are being made to cloak after a pass and not before it and their attack runs have been turned into an idiotic merry go round of mk1 turret fire.

IF the BoP flight behavior and damage was returned to what it was in February and the fix to the multiple-carrier glitching the pets kept (it was an excellent fix!) the VoQuv would make a Karfi cry with envy.

...but as it is now and apparently what its going to become is nothing more than a useless pet low damage, no turn rate, slow speed fat cow of a ship.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Maybe not... i am sure that i am a newbie in the Vo'Quv... yesterday i flight the carrier for the first time... it's very nice ship, i try to learn more about this carrier and i agree with this carrier with 1 hangar more.

I dont know how war Vo'quv the last month but now... i trie to view diferences between Vo'Quv and Karfi... i'like more Voquv... the extra power in karfi in stadistic are nice but... ITS a Carrier or a full Battleship?? i mean that because in the present day we can see USS Hornet (CV/CVA/CVS-12), it has a lot of fighters but weapons ...

Well for the moment is very nice Vo'Quv (yesterday my first day in this ship)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2012, 12:25 PM
I'd rather see more traditional science ships, Klingon/Gorn, rather than another carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Third Hanger and maybe a little bit more turn rate and I think would make a awesome Retrofit!

More and more I've played more and more I love the Klingon designs to where I have a captain of each type on the Klingon side now, and to be honest carriers are what brought me over here after leveling my beloved Fed science officer.