Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
The VoQuv is more powerful than the Karfi when it comes to pets. The Karfi is more powerful than the VoQuv when it comes to ship armaments and mobility.

The problem is, Cryptic seems to keep nerfing the firepower of the birds of prey as they try to fix them. Last month the BoPs were excellent alpha damage ..then the AI flight pattern was changed and the torpedo damage nerfed and the VoQuv lost nearly 45% of its damage potential through the BoPs. Now in Tribble we see an even further nerfing in the way the BoP's are being made to cloak after a pass and not before it and their attack runs have been turned into an idiotic merry go round of mk1 turret fire.


IF the BoP flight behavior and damage was returned to what it was in February and the fix to the multiple-carrier glitching the pets kept (it was an excellent fix!) the VoQuv would make a Karfi cry with envy.


...but as it is now and apparently what its going to become is nothing more than a useless pet low damage, no turn rate, slow speed fat cow of a ship.
I assume when you say that the Vo'Quv is more powerful in pets you mean only with the BoPs (as you ruminate on in your post). However, in a few ways the Karfi's Frigates are comparable. Their dps may be slightly lower, but they make up for it with mine laying and slightly tougher hull (I could be wrong). Overall, the Karfi's fighters and frigates are just as good as the Vo'Quvs, but the Karfi is a better ship (firepower and turning wise).

That's why it'd be nice to see the Vo'Quv with something more to give it an edge again and give us a reason to fly it once more.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-29-2012, 08:58 AM
With the new fixes and upgrades I am loving that t5 carrier. I played the voq since launch but since the phase cloak fix the Karfi is good for any class.
The frigates aren't suppose to be good dps IMHO. They are good fodder compared to (the working) bop. Plus in stf's you need torps, something you shouldn't have on the voq.
Plus the honor guard 2 peice is perfect for it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Don't need another hanger, just need to be able to hot-swap fighter/drone types in battle.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I do love my Voquv. It does have it problems. Mainly with turning rate. I cant seem to get more than 7.2 degrees/sec. This makes it hard to launch GW3 and SNB. For this reason, I am looking to purchase another science type ship probably the Varanus. I flew the Karfi on tribble and is it just me or does anyone else find the exhaust pipe right in your face to be extremely annoying. Is the default camera the same on Holodeck? Is there a way to change it? Otherwise its a great ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
I assume when you say that the Vo'Quv is more powerful in pets you mean only with the BoPs (as you ruminate on in your post). However, in a few ways the Karfi's Frigates are comparable. Their dps may be slightly lower, but they make up for it with mine laying and slightly tougher hull (I could be wrong). Overall, the Karfi's fighters and frigates are just as good as the Vo'Quvs, but the Karfi is a better ship (firepower and turning wise).

That's why it'd be nice to see the Vo'Quv with something more to give it an edge again and give us a reason to fly it once more.

-Quiiliitiila
I'll just say this to clarify things:

Before the changes to BoP's in the last 4 patches the BoPs would deliver very good damage quickly to a target and almost always to the same shield facing, simultaneously.

4 BoPs would fire 2 torpedoes each. Each Torpedo inflcting 10 to 12k damage. This was AI-type torpedo so it did not receive the same damage mitigation as player torpedoes do when they hit a shield. Literally, the first BoP's torpedo hits would kill the shield and the other 6 torpedos would anhiliate the hull. BoPs would kill an STF elite sphere in 1 pass.

In contrast, the Karfi frigates would circle a target dropping tricobalt mines. The majority of those mines never activated and hit the target since the target would move away from its range before the mine was armed. The Frigate turret fire did insignificant damage. It would take the Karfi's frigates along time to kill a single sphere even on normal STF. The Karfi however does have a better gun package than the VoQuv and its damage added to the random mine that did hit made it effective.

Unfortunately the recent patches and changes to the BoPs in their attempts to 'fix' them have resulted in horrendous decrease in BoP effectiveness. They now barely manage to fire a torpedo and rarely get to fire their insignificant damage inflicting dual cannons...and they die extremely fast since their AI was changed from 'dumb' to 'absolutely retarded'.

Dont bother using the BoPs are they are. Use ToDujs. Until they decide to 'fix' them too and you'll be left with a really slow and useless semi-science ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Its obvious to me that they want to make the Karfi more attractive because it is a C-store ship. And honestly its more attractive to me for that reason. Its a one time investment. I have already spent 240,000 dilithium on 2 Voquv and if i accedently delete one its gone. And I have 2 more Klingon toons. But thats getting off of topic.

What the Voquv needs is SA. Sensor Analysis would help to put it firmly into the science catagory and would give it some extra bit. There are 3 ships I think on the fed side that have it. We only have 2. Counting that Bortisqu contraption. A universal lt slot would not hurt my feeling either. Now if they did this, I would pay c-points.

As it is I am wandering, do I put my sci toon, Sye, in a cruisar and tell him its ok, at least its tough. Or do we go all out sci and jump into the Varanus, which I like but not sure about the dps. The Karfi is cool but not really his style. Hmmm, maybe just stay in the Brel and see what comes next
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe they read this thread ... look this:

Systems:
Space pet AI updates:
Pets that are following will now fly in formation.
Pets on attack mode will move into a wedge formation in front of the player until an enemy target is found.
Updated text descriptions of the carrier command powers so that they explain about the toggle functionality.
Updated Bird-of-Prey carrier AI so that Birds-of-Prey retreating under cloak will move at maximum throttle.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]You can find in: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...03#post4128103[/color]
or maybe i am very confuse :S
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsudo
Maybe they read this thread ... look this:

Systems:
Space pet AI updates:
Pets that are following will now fly in formation.
Pets on attack mode will move into a wedge formation in front of the player until an enemy target is found.
Updated text descriptions of the carrier command powers so that they explain about the toggle functionality.
Updated Bird-of-Prey carrier AI so that Birds-of-Prey retreating under cloak will move at maximum throttle.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]You can find in: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...03#post4128103[/color]
or maybe i am very confuse :S
That is the patch that has the pets completely ****ed up in holodeck right now FYI. Its all glitched to hell despite tribble feedback telling them how screwy it was.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
That is the patch that has the pets completely ****ed up in holodeck right now FYI. Its all glitched to hell despite tribble feedback telling them how screwy it was.
I noticed LOL, fighters don't seem to die...had about eight fighters when I recalled with zero percent hull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
I'll just say this to clarify things:

Before the changes to BoP's in the last 4 patches the BoPs would deliver very good damage quickly to a target and almost always to the same shield facing, simultaneously.

4 BoPs would fire 2 torpedoes each. Each Torpedo inflcting 10 to 12k damage. This was AI-type torpedo so it did not receive the same damage mitigation as player torpedoes do when they hit a shield. Literally, the first BoP's torpedo hits would kill the shield and the other 6 torpedos would anhiliate the hull. BoPs would kill an STF elite sphere in 1 pass.

In contrast, the Karfi frigates would circle a target dropping tricobalt mines. The majority of those mines never activated and hit the target since the target would move away from its range before the mine was armed. The Frigate turret fire did insignificant damage. It would take the Karfi's frigates along time to kill a single sphere even on normal STF. The Karfi however does have a better gun package than the VoQuv and its damage added to the random mine that did hit made it effective.

Unfortunately the recent patches and changes to the BoPs in their attempts to 'fix' them have resulted in horrendous decrease in BoP effectiveness. They now barely manage to fire a torpedo and rarely get to fire their insignificant damage inflicting dual cannons...and they die extremely fast since their AI was changed from 'dumb' to 'absolutely retarded'.

Dont bother using the BoPs are they are. Use ToDujs. Until they decide to 'fix' them too and you'll be left with a really slow and useless semi-science ship.
Ahh, I see. Unfortunately I had never played with the pre-broken BoPs so I never fully understood how well they worked out. Thanks for the explanation!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 PM.