Lt. Commander
# 1 Baffled by stupidity....
03-28-2012, 08:22 AM
So, the Devs got so smart, that they figured to actually split up searches in the Exchange.
Mighty bright, one could think....
If they did not forget THE most important one... FED/KDF!

I am still trolling the bloody exchange for a specific KDF BOff and a decent DOff cadre, only to see the sides are still mixed.

Perhaps throw a few tabs away, and add a FED and KDF tab.

Ditto for the Fleet Search/Party Search.

Just thinking out loud...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Yea, it's a real pain in the rear

You'd think they would've thought of that before the game was released, and it's insane that it's still such a crappy exchange 2 years down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
Yea, it's a real pain in the rear

You'd think they would've thought of that before the game was released, and it's insane that it's still such a crappy exchange 2 years down the line.
When the game was released, DOff's didn't exist. Besides that, and maybe BOff's which aren't really an issue IMO, there is nothing else on the exchange that makes sense as faction-specific.

For the record, I feel your pain on the DOff searches.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
When the game was released, DOff's didn't exist. Besides that, and maybe BOff's which aren't really an issue IMO, there is nothing else on the exchange that makes sense as faction-specific.

For the record, I feel your pain on the DOff searches.
Maybe not Doff's, but what about searching for specific BO's skills, like the rarer skills that can't normally be trained?
And the ability to search by type (Such as, search for Crth, but define type as Beam or Cannon for example)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Why not just have a drop down box for Fed, Klingon, All with the ones for Sort By, Rank, and Quality?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
How could they have overseen the most important of all tabs...
I truly cannot understand...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2012, 01:50 PM
They've said that the exchange will not be easy to fix.

That said, there is a work around for searching BOs, and that is to search by race, since race is mostly faction specific. So search 'Gorn tactical', and all your search results will be KDF. Then, if you are looking for a specific skill, filter it for rare or very rare depending on what skill you are looking for. If you don't find what you are looking for, search a different race like Orion. If you do this, then the only ones you have to manually filter is Klingon and Alien.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
Maybe not Doff's, but what about searching for specific BO's skills, like the rarer skills that can't normally be trained?
And the ability to search by type (Such as, search for Crth, but define type as Beam or Cannon for example)
Searching by skills would only affect one tab. Like OP's search by faction suggestion, it's real value is debatable since it has very limited use. In past discussions they have indicated a new type of exchange for DOff's and BOff's instead of revamping the current exchange.

For searches by type, and the example you provided, you can already search for items this way in the search bar.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
devs, i like what you did to the exchange, all those great new categories make searching so much easier! it would be perfect if for some categories i could search only kdf or only starfleet, can that be implemented in the future?

this is how you polity talk to the devs if you want result, they are not your enemies and its not like it never ocured to them to do this, programing that feature in too will take a lot of work. i am baffled by the stupidity of people that make threads and post like this
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiksken
Perhaps throw a few tabs away, and add a FED and KDF tab.
Why bother with a tab? Just filter out the stuff that the active character can't buy anyway. It should be filtered out in the in-game C-store, too.