Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoijediboy
Why not just have a drop down box for Fed, Klingon, All with the ones for Sort By, Rank, and Quality?
^ this is the most sensible idea.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I would imagine they would have to alter the entire Exchange Database and add a FED/KDF flag for every item.

It's a lot of work.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2012, 09:09 PM
You add another attribute to all the entities on the database as being either Fed/Klingon/neutral set them all to neutral. Then over time sort them in their correct category.

The only flaw I see with that is say you get a new Faction at a later date, like Romulan. Romulans might share some items with Klingons but not with the Federation so you end up with the values of Fed/Klingon/Romulan/Klingon-Romulan/Neutral.

It might be easier to attach another entity with a list of boolean attributes showing which faction they should show for.

Klingon True|False
Fed True|False
Romulan True|False
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Isn't there already a flag? Or can either use either (in which case is the additional sort that important)?

If the game discriminates as to who can use what, there is de facto already a flag.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
When the game was released, DOff's didn't exist. Besides that, and maybe BOff's which aren't really an issue IMO, there is nothing else on the exchange that makes sense as faction-specific.

For the record, I feel your pain on the DOff searches.
Instead of adding a million new categories into the exchange, you could have just added DOFF/BOFF type in front of their names so they're searchable: "Klingon Biologist - name", etc.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallytcw View Post
Why bother with a tab? Just filter out the stuff that the active character can't buy anyway. It should be filtered out in the in-game C-store, too.
No thanks. I keep most of my EC on one character, and I buy stuff for that character and most of my alts off that one character.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Its not like this breaks the game just makes it more convoluted
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Playing the Exchange can be one of the most frustrating and rewarding minigames in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-31-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Just filter out the stuff that the active character can't buy anyway.
I love this idea a lot. Plain and simple.
Quote:
It should be filtered out in the in-game C-store, too.
Another good one.

Keep'm coming, lad!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-31-2012, 06:54 AM
It also begs the question of why the same wasn't done to the Boffs as well. It's bad enough searching through reams of Aceton Beam III to find an Aux to Sif III officer although I can understand the difficulties there as each officer has several powers, not just one, but having to trawl through many of the wrong faction's just icing on the cake.