Ensign
Since PWE is all about this rep system, why not make a pvp rep system.
Here is my idea on how this may work.

Your floating around in sector space and you see someone you wanna pvp (solo),
you send pvp challange, if they accept you both earn 2 pvp rep.

In this pvp rep combat tho, you cant destory your target in space, you must
disable it, then board his ship to destory it from the inside out.

In more detail, you and your target fire it off at each other for a good 2mins
or whatever it takes to get him down to 5% health, when your target reaches this 5%
health, his systems disable and he wakes up from a black dazes on a burning bridge w/
smoke and wires hangin down and maybe a fuzzy viewscreen but at the same time, the guy
who disable his ship beamed into his ship on the ENG deck or MED deck or whatever.

Now on his targets ship he must fight his way with his away team deck by deck going
to waypoints to disable even more systems thruout the ship.. each waypoint giving
some kind of pvp rep i guess but at the same time, the man on the bridge who just woke
up from blackness must start to repair his ship deck by deck, and if he can repair his ship faster then the guy attacking, the attacker well be beamed back to his ship only to find that
the once disable ship is at 50% or 75% and they can battle once again, and maybe a chance
to turn the tables.

This Pvp idea will bring who new life on pvp i think, and if there is way to bring more
players such as team and fleets this idea can even grow more and more.

Example for fleets, is 5 vs 5, but each team has a lead ship that must be protect, as in
all other ships can be destoryed, but if the lead fleet ship is down to 5%, the other
team can board, and then you have one team attacking, and other fleet team repairing..
again giving pvp rep..

thats my idea.. hope you like it
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Only if they add a 40 hour timer in between each step.
Captain
# 3
11-15-2012, 03:02 AM
Actually they said they would in one of the podcasts.

If memory serves it will be for pvp gear only.

I expect everything to run through the reputation system from here on out. Mini-factions and items and what not
Captain
# 4
11-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post

I expect everything to run through the reputation system from here on out. Mini-factions and items and what not
I think they said they COULD, not WOULD...there is a great difference between those two statements...
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-15-2012, 03:54 AM
I'd rather see new sets and stuff with a new PvE rep instead of a pvp rep. It'll bring more AFK and will be frustrating for many people playing pve; it's completely another game since the difference between pvp and pve is similar to the one between space and ground. PvP could use some more modes, many new maps (why not foundry ones via a contest? ), but i'm not sure a pvp rep system is what the game needs, although pvp is cheap endgame content.
Rihannsu
# 6
11-15-2012, 04:58 AM
yeah.. a good idea..

except i would stay in the space, and separate duells on the ground.

cause there is no PVP in fighting through some "stations" on a ship.

if so, then let the space winner spawn on the bridge - he and his away team of 1, against the captain also with one BOFF.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 7
11-15-2012, 05:03 AM
I'd have to listen to several podcasts to dig it out and I'd probably have to blow my brains out in the attempt so I can't prove anything. I like some of the info coming out on there but the method it's delivered is not really my style.

But I am pretty sure it was said they would make a pvp rep because I remember they said it would be for pvp gear only and the guy doing the interview said something about a lot of people jumping their seats over it.

But if you feel up to it it's somewhere between 100-104 or simply mail the people who do the podcast, I am pretty sure I am right
Ensign
# 8
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
yeah.. a good idea..

except i would stay in the space, and separate duells on the ground.

cause there is no PVP in fighting through some "stations" on a ship.

if so, then let the space winner spawn on the bridge - he and his away team of 1, against the captain also with one BOFF.
i see your point, reason my idea was for a pvp system to tie in ground(in ship) combat and space is from watching so many star trek shows, where they beam on attackers ships sometimes after they take shields down or what not.. again just an idea..
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-15-2012, 06:40 PM
I really think what they need with this game for as far as how the reputation system goes for a PvP system they should create maps with as many talked about or seen locations in the Star Trek universe.

Use that theme for space and ground combat for PvP and PvE so that you fight both players and npcs or both depending on the way they would wanna develop it so that what the player does impacts the fight for territory in each individual instance. Most likely I would think that there wouldn't be any respawning going on if you blew up you would leave the match and then if someone else is in the que they take your space for a more realistic approach to that. Being there would most likely be a cool down for re-entry depending on a time limit since a lot of people have many many characters and would help PWE/Cryptic with character slot sales that eventually you could take it but this would be something that would be beneficial for time gated content so the NPC factions would get reinforcements every so many intervals and if you can cut through them and capture before they have time to take you out with reinforcements it would be captured for your faction.

The grind breaker of it to balance it out is certain ques or what not for doing this for example if you wanted to take out their ability to communicate or activate rotating jamming pulses to benefit your attacking force you would need to have for example maybe a tier 2 or 3 of those reputations. With what they have done with rep systems so far and starbases combined the system could work it would be all about combining that tech and then making the maps. So it seems doable from a player stand point.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post

They've also promised new maps and revamps to the pvp system.

For almost three years now.

KDF and The Foundry have seen far more updates than PvP, while PvP has seen basically two updates in two point five years; the ability to setup custom matches (including cross faction) and adding the map Shanty Town. Beyond that, nothing.

Basically, don't hold your breath.

redshirtarmy.com - RedShirtArmy Podcast
STO / Cryptic member since 2009 (mavgeek)