Lt. Commander
# 1 Tactical consoles
03-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I would like to ask you for help...

I have Dreadnought cruiser and on tactical cons slots I have three plasma infusers Mk XI very rare (+28% plasma damage). Does it make sense?

Or will be better to use 2x plasma infuser and one prefire chamber?

My ship's weapons:

Aft: 4x Borg Plasma dual heavy cannons Mk XII
Fore: 4x Borg Plasma turret Mk XI

If you have some other tips for me, please answer. I'm looking forward your advise!

Second thing: Will be any chance to use more tactical bridge officer abilities on this typo of ship? Currently is only Ensign and Lieutenant.... If will be possible to use one Lieutenant commander; will be GREAT!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikchrudim
I would like to ask you for help...

I have Dreadnought cruiser and on tactical cons slots I have three plasma infusers Mk XI very rare (+28% plasma damage). Does it make sense?

Or will be better to use 2x plasma infuser and one prefire chamber?

My ship's weapons:

Aft: 4x Borg Plasma dual heavy cannons Mk XII
Fore: 4x Borg Plasma turret Mk XI

If you have some other tips for me, please answer. I'm looking forward your advise!
Ok, first off you shouldn't be running Plasma. If you are in the dreadnought you should be running Phaser, because you should want the buff for your lance.

Second, with the turn rate on the dreadnought, you should be running 8 beam arrays. The majority of your time only your turrets are going to be hitting your target, and everybody else is going to have to make up for your loss of DPS.

Third, plasma is the worst possible weapon that you could bring to a PvP fight. If you don't PvP, then you don't have to worry about it. I am just saying to not expect to go into a PvP fight and expect to do any type of damage whatsoever.

Fourth, You want the console that would buff your weapon energy type. Which is what you have. If you have a plasma infuser, then that will buff anything plasma. Whether it is a cannon, or beam. Not sure about torpedoes, but I wouldn't put torps on the dreadnought anyway. If all you are going to do is PvE, then keep your current setup. It makes sense, (A little, considering that Plasma is terrible for PvP, it probably is pretty cheap).
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Second thing: Will be any chance to use more tactical bridge officer abilities on this typo of ship? Currently is only Ensign and Lieutenant.... If will be possible to use one Lieutenant commander; will be GREAT!
No, you can only work with the Boff slots that you have. You cannot add more. The only way that you would get more is if the Devs changed it, which is not going to happen. You will have to work with what you have.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2012, 11:12 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=251422

I would suggest you look at this, and model your build after this. It works, and it works well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks a lot for your answers!

I fuuly agree with fact, that plasma damage insn't so good. I can change damage type of my weapons.

BUT, I don't want to change dual heavy cannons. I use RCS ENG console which improve my turn rate and from my point o view is working well. Do you think that when I change my weapons type to phaser beams than will be my DPS higher?

That's why I have question: Why can Dreadnought load cannons?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your answers!
That's why I have question: Why can Dreadnought load cannons?
Poor design choices by the development team is my guess. I've been trying to use DHC's on my Dreadnaught, but... it's just not effective. Unless I'm in an STF fighting slow as molasses borg cubes, most of my time is spent turning to try and get my 45 arc towards the enemy. Even then, it's just not worth it. You'd need to triple stack high level turn rate consoles and pump all the points you can into turn rate abilities, boff turn-rate enhancers, etc... and by the point, you've cut out so much of your usefulness that it's no longer worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2012, 01:49 AM
THX, I will try to change it....

I'm really not happy, I spent a lot of EC and BORG Salvages / Datachips for my plasma weapons,DHC, etc...

Now it looks as a waste of time....
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
THX, I will try to change it....

I'm really not happy, I spent a lot of EC and BORG Salvages / Datachips for my plasma weapons,DHC, etc...

Now it looks as a waste of time....
The only thing I can suggest, is that you actually read forms before you spend in game currencies
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2012, 10:59 AM
The answer to "Why can the Dreadnought mount Dual cannons?" is quite simple.

It could in the TV show.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
The only thing I can suggest, is that you actually read forms before you spend in game currencies
That's true! Thanks to all for your help! Yesterday I changed all weapons and consoles to phaser and result is impressive! My DPS is approx +40%...

Phaser spinal lance - DAMAGE
Before usually 2x 14000
Now 2x 33000