Lt. Commander
# 1 Season 5 Dev Blog #36
03-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Details about the updates to the Borg Ground Invasion zone are revealed in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2012, 05:15 PM
this...is...AWESOME

and i already know what the one mission is because you guys alreadly left in the code for the outline of the subspace charges around the invasion zone, this should be interesting going everyware now to plant them, makes me feel like a real MACO recruit.

and i take it the COM station will finally be in the map?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
i can't do it. I am kdf and cannot group with feds to do this. I So the new defari invasion will consist of me sitting at the invasion zone LFGing and then beaming away.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2012, 05:30 PM
zzzz

Finance is at the heart of this, not interesting new content for us. I get that you spent money on Defera and feel like you need to milk it until it's a fine powder (while simultaneously bleeding us dry in the C-Store) but between the story missions, the Red Alerts, the existing Defera events and the endless STF grind...after 2+ years, man am I sick and tired of fighting the Borg. I'm ready to just let them have it at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
zzzz

...between the story missions, the Red Alerts, the existing Defera events and the endless STF grind...after 2+ years, man am I sick and tired of fighting the Borg. I'm ready to just let them have it at this point.
/signed.

Especially considering I'm still grinding STFs, the Deferi Borg stuff does nothing for me.

Meh. That's fine though. The whole game doesn't have to be for me.

Next!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Hopefully this push of Borg content is a means to end that particular and present story arc. I'm quite ready to explore the continuing "fracture" of the Romulans, and by extension... the introduction of the Iconians.

Bring it, Dan. You know you want to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
We are also excited to announce the durations of all timeslots for the Defera Invasion have been increased from two to three hours. Also, you may notice that some of the new timeslots are a bit more friendlier to our players from different parts of the world. So jump in-game now and use the calendar in your Mission Journal to see the timeslots available for this event.
Lets hope so because I have never played one of these! Also why make them timed? Just leave them open with a 5min cooldown so we can play when we are able.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2012, 05:53 PM
the borg to get old really fast. give me a simple M4 that fires something I dont have to apply a new modulation ever 5 shots. or nerf the borg they are annoying. fire fire fire, remodulate fire fire fire remod, fire fire all the while backing away from them. funny how the ships never seem to adapt
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I hope "Into the Hive" resolves the Borg crisis for all time in STO. They've been the boogeymen for like 20 years now, after the saturation on Voyager, the video games, and here, the scariest thing about the Borg these days is Gozer's ridiculous STF loot drop tables.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Meh. Not really interested myself.