Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Jkstocbr hit it square on the head. This should have NEVER been a timed event.

I've played a few of the missions and I love the design. 2 Easy missions, followed by 2 tougher missions and then 2 must group or die missions - per special area. Now there's even more content. Great!

But, for the love of all that's sacred, why is it a scheduled event?! All that does is force me to play at a specific time. It's not going to change my style of play any, it's just going to inconvience me.

Had they eliminated the stupid "Borg are going to bed now." - mode and made it a simple zone that one could enter and play at will, I would have been far more impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
Jkstocbr hit it square on the head. This should have NEVER been a timed event.

I've played a few of the missions and I love the design. 2 Easy missions, followed by 2 tougher missions and then 2 must group or die missions - per special area. Now there's even more content. Great!

But, for the love of all that's sacred, why is it a scheduled event?! All that does is force me to play at a specific time. It's not going to change my style of play any, it's just going to inconvience me.

Had they eliminated the stupid "Borg are going to bed now." - mode and made it a simple zone that one could enter and play at will, I would have been far more impressed.
I agree with you. IIt could even be scheduled, but make them more frequent at least. Increasing time it runs doesn't exactly solve the problem of I can't play it because it is in an incovenient time. but increasing frequency does. So make it availlable more frequently, like it was on Tribble before release.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Huh. I never even knew there were borg events on Defera CAUSE I'M STILL DOING THE STF's. PLEASE can we actually get something new besides MORE BORG?

oh wait, it's a f2p game now. i don't expect to ever see any REAL new content again.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Will the Defera STF FINALLY be available to everyone, or will Cryptic leave those of us who play off prime time STILL without this content?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-28-2012, 07:12 PM
That sounds great. I don't do the Defera Event much, but I enjoy it when I do.

Also, this isn't supposed to be a single invasion repeated over and over again every few hours. As explained in "Second Wave", it's a bunch of different attacks on the same planet. This update makes it much more realistic.

However, I have to agree that the Borg are a bit...overused. Perhaps an invasion zone featuring the Romulans or the True Way would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah sick of the borg been the only bad guys. Can we not have some small scale bad aliens of the week kinda thing from the show instead. It is also never a good idea to try and use a "god" (as in generally unbeatable) race as a enemy in a game from the shows/films. Due to how powerful they are compared to what fed or klin or other major races are tech wise. Small parts here and there are fine but used as much as this is a big no no from a gameplay perspective and show perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-28-2012, 07:39 PM
I have to agree with most in here. I did the Defra invasion a few times and realized how long it would actually take to outfit my crew with Fractal Remodulators. In addition, I did hit a nasty bug where I rezed back at base camp once and ended up in a different instance from the rest of my team and could not switch to their's (hope that is fixed). I have not been back since.

I like that more missions have been added but I will reserve my judgement for when I see the new reward, i.e. what it does and how much it costs. If it is completely overpriced then I will also judge the content non-repeatable and probably not bother. I can see where an item that gives one of X random effects could be cool, but if I have to grind the event two or three times just to get a small stack then it is really not worth my playtime.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-28-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm a complete n00b when it comes to the Defera Invasion. I tried it one time and was completely overwhelmed by all the different missions you could take. With everyone running around I had no idea what I was doing and was lost most of the time.

Since the time slots were so limited I never went back to try again. Maybe I will again but this Blog sounds like they are dog piling even more stuff to do here which further adds to my confusion. Guess I need to find a Defera for Dummies Guide or something.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I agree with all the people who are tired of the Borg. They're so overused and fighting them on the ground is a giant pain in the rear end. I've barely run any STFs (just enough space STFs to get Borg engines for my ships, which I felt forced to do), and I'm already sick of it. I stay away from ground combat in this game, so adding more Borg ground missions during an already inconvenient event does nothing for me.

I got invited to the Path of Exile CB about a week ago and I haven't touched STO since. That's how bad things have gotten.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
The scariest thing about the Borg these days is Gozer's ridiculous STF loot drop tables.
Now that's funny....