Lt. Commander
# 21
03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
I have 12 collected items of something from that theatre, never had the chance to use them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Should have been updated to earn edc's and rare salvage from the old and new missions.

Doing all the missions for a chance to get a prosthetic isn't worth the time involved, update them to include the option of edc's or rare salvage and you might get more of your longtime playerbase playing them again....
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-28-2012, 08:47 PM
I love the Defera invasion, enough that I still play it even after having three characters. I love the fact that so much more is being added to it, but in the same regards there are some parts that could still use some major reworking and it unfortunately doesn't sound like they've been addressed.

A) Teams:

1) FED and KDF players should be able to join teams for a joint operation. The setup with the STFs is already in place for such cross faction cooperation.

2) The ability to queue like in STFs for auto teams. Have options for teams based on City, Power Plant, Temple, Comm Sat (when/if added), Probe, Any/All. This would greatly resolve the problems and time needed in finding/forming teams.

B) Borg:

1) Usage in-game: The Borg have always been used as an ultimate evil that shows up out of nowhere without warning and wreaks havoc until all/most of the factions set aside petty differences to rally together and defeat the Borg, and then the Borg retreat back into the shadows never to know when they will strike again. After the threat is over it leads to opportunities for peace. This isn't translating into the game overall and is really taking away something from what the Borg are and their purpose in Star Trek.

2) Borg Strength: The Borg are the ultimate enemy in that they can adapt quickly and they don't waste time in interrogations they just simply assimilate, gain whatever intel they needed and then adapt strategy based on that information. We don't assimilate, but instead we try to liberate as many as possible when possible. The knowledge these liberated Borg could/would share should put us much closer on par with the Borg considering the time frame in how long the Borg have been around. FED/KDF should be much more advanced and adaptable to the Borg. IE: They take 3 shots to wipe out our shields and most of our health we should take 5 to do the same to them.

3) Borg and FED/KDF adapting: The adapting rates really need to be reworked. There have been times where I've re-modulated and fired 1-2 shots and they adapt. The two re-modulators in game need to be reworked and a third one needs to be added. I'll outline the re-modulators in the Drop Rate section below.

C)Drop rates:

1) Re-modulator materials: 150 total of three materials to craft 1 fractal re-mod.

7 officers

1050 total materials needed for fractal re-mods for full crew.

The regular re-modulator is good as it is.

The Fractal re-modulator needs require less of each material but add a 4th material. These materials should be separated by specific locations example layout below:

City: Inactive Borg nanites

Power plant: Borg power converters

Comm Sat: Borg cybornetic interface relays

Temple: Borg Collective data chips

10 of each creates fractal re-modulator

30 of each creates auto re-modulation weapon mod (completely removes having to manually click to re-mod. but at 1 second added weapon cool down)

Obviously the 4 material breakdown is taking into account the Comm sat or some other new area being unlocked. Changing the required amount of materials with adding a fourth material required isn't really making it much easier, but with the lower counts and added material the perception of time needed to collect enough materials will be positively effected.

D) Borg and Borg encounters throughout game.

1) The Defera Invasion: Like I said I love the Defera event, but with having a time limit on it, it seems disconnected from any storyarc or even linear time. As much as people complain about time travel and the such converting Defera into a Time Loop Borg Invasion of Defera would give it a much more solid connection overall. The Borg are relentless and having them just suddenly stop after two hours of attacking just doesn't seem right. The Undine hate the Borg as much as anyone, as we've seen in their countless conflicts with the Borg. The Undine seem to hunt the Borg more than the Borg hunting them so why not randomly add some Undine strike teams attacking Borg in random Defera Invasion events as well. just a couple of random spawned small strike teams. you can chose to attack the Borg with them and hope they don't kill you right after they've killed the last Borg in that group, or try to take out two birds with one stone and attack the Borg and Undine Strike Team at the same time.

2) Borg Sector Encounters: Empty map warp-ins, Short timer, not all zones wide often times add up to very few or lower rank players actually doing these anymore. Unless you get a really good team willing to work together with high ranked equipment you're doomed to fail before you even start. This also goes back to the Borg being severely overused in the overall game. Adding random NPC ships that help balance it out or just re-balancing the amount of Borg repair probes/spheres and changing their repair rates would help a lot in bringing more people back into them. Romulans, Remans, True Way, Naussicans (sp?), Orion, Gorn, Breen, Undine, Klingons, Deviant Vulcans, Suliban, Xindi, and probably a few others I'm forgetting have all had their own incursions at one time or another so why not add these to the sector encounters in a random draw so you never know what it will be adding a new freshness to a solid game concept. This would also help re-balance the Borg and make them much more like originally intended.

The additions to the Defera Invasion event sound really good and I can't wait to play it, but these suggestions could really help push certain aspects of the game well over the replay and immersion levels there are now, it would also help balance the overall Star Trek to Game conversion.

To any of the Dev team that read this, please don't misunderstand this for whining or complaining, I hope it is taken for the constructive criticism it is meant to be. I'd also like to thank you for all of your hard work and dedication in making this game truly great and ever growing, not nearly enough people take the time to stop and say so.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
i can't do it. I am kdf and cannot group with feds to do this. I So the new defari invasion will consist of me sitting at the invasion zone LFGing and then beaming away.
Exactly same here... so back what to what I was doing before lol they obviously have no accountability or consistency with these issues.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-28-2012, 11:00 PM
I'll be able to play the event without missing out on sleep? Finally!

Although seriously, why on earth are these things timed, do all the Borg shut down when the event isn't active? If you've got 20 new missions, why not keep some active all the time and limit others to the invasion timeslot?

anyway, it seems every update is met with unbridled negativity, so thanks for doing something to make the event a little less US-Centric and a little more interesting
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-28-2012, 11:18 PM
The Borg are tedious to me. I really wish the devs would make a bunch of STF's for Klingon, Cardasian, Romulan, or even some other random obscure faction instead of the Borg again. That being said. I am impressed in the amount of {{ FREE }} content they have added to the game in the past couple of months. I do think that the Borg are pretty played out but, I have been playing STO from pretty much the beginning and alot of the new players from the game going f2p have only just begun to experience the Borg. I just hope I the new time slots are within my schedule so I can finally at least run through one.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-29-2012, 12:52 AM
This is useless. 0/10

Wouldn't recommend.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-29-2012, 02:06 AM
i enjoy the borg invasion. had no idea there was 20 more mission. only found 3 on tribble, and hints at a couple more. so sounds good.

it does seem more suited to lower level characters rather than VA and LG but that's fine.

good to hear its longer and more timezones.

i do want to finally see the com tower added at some point. does not appear to have made it this time round.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-29-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
zzzz
after 2+ years, man am I sick and tired of fighting the Borg. I'm ready to just let them have it at this point.
See, Resistance is Futile!
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-29-2012, 04:26 AM
Well I must say I don't really care about ground missions. And after having done hundreds of Borg Elite STF's I would prefer something else. Wasn't there a war going on between the Klingons and the Federation? I heard some rumours but I'm not really sure since you couldn't tell from normal daily gameplay.

What's the point in having a war between Klings and Feds if this doesn't bring any content to the game? What's there to do concerning this war? Where are the fleet events in which you attack an enemy outpost or a starbase? Where are the ground actions on the borderland planets?

This has a huge potential for PvE as well as for PvP and would be perfect for new STFs as well.