Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2012, 04:46 AM
I've never actually finished a real PvP match. Only once against NooB did my opponent not drop halfway through the match.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2012, 05:49 AM
This has happened to me three times this week people just leaving STF, but being the last one or 2 people I lucked out not being penalized. So it seems to have some kinda of system in place.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2012, 06:30 AM
Be VERY careful what you complain about. People complained about AFK dilithium farmers in Ker'rat and Cryptic's "solution" was to give it a 20hr timer (which coincidentally is why these people are now showing up in your STFs). Complain too loudly and Cryptic may well "fix" STFs in a similar manner.

The solution is to revert Ker'rat to the state it was in, with no cooldown timer, and stop caring so much if a handful of people get a little bit of dilithium with no effort. If it bothers you "that" much can't you just find solace in the fact that we blow these people up repeatedly?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilan
Be VERY careful what you complain about. People complained about AFK dilithium farmers in Ker'rat and Cryptic's "solution" was to give it a 20hr timer (which coincidentally is why these people are now showing up in your STFs). Complain too loudly and Cryptic may well "fix" STFs in a similar manner.
Funny thing, I don't even see the mission in my available log lol.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayus_Korianis
Funny thing, I don't even see the mission in my available log lol.
The Kar'rat mission?

For Feds its "To the Front Lines". Its in a cycle with "Pacify Enemy Leaders" (a pvp arena mission). So to get it, you have to complete the PvP missions first.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2012, 10:38 AM
The solution is easy for those that leave. If you actively 'quit' the STF before completion, you have wasted an hour (or more) of time for four other people. You should be locked out of all STFs for a period of no less than that 4 hours.

There is no voting mechanic to handle AFK'ers, or intentional griefers...yet. It could be implemented as it has in FPS matches. Start a vote in the STF, if four people agree, the same 4hr (or greater) lockout is placed on the offender's account for all STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Quiting STFs causes a one hour penalty. I wish PvP quitters were punished in a similar fasion. Maybe tie both of them together into a two hour penalty to stop the quitters?
That also has its problems. If I get stuck in a match where the entire other team is AFK, I can't complete it and my only option is to leave the match. I'll get a 2 hour penalty from endgame content and I didn't even do anything wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-31-2012, 03:11 PM
A simple fix for people who drop is to have more players automatically get pulled in through the PvP orPvE Queue.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telesin
Start a vote in the STF, if four people agree, the same 4hr (or greater) lockout is placed on the offender's account for all STFs.
So what happens when some nice person ends up with a team of griefers who manage to get that person banned for 4 hours? It's odd, but could happen.

As for Klingons, I have to say not only was I invited to be in a fleet right away after making a KDF player, when I mentioned that I was frustrated with the Defender bug, two members volunteered to come help me with the mission.
Quote:
A simple fix for people who drop is to have more players automatically get pulled in through the PvP orPvE Queue.
That would be a problem for people who want to do an optional, though, right -- if by the time they get in it's too late.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-01-2012, 03:56 AM
the best way to fix the problem is dont use the open ques make a private one and take only people u no and trust not to leave or go afk or any of the other stupid things pepole do in stf.
problem sovled dont for get some times pepole have real reasons for having to leave in the middle of an stf
and lets be truefull here who would not do the same thing.