Lt. Commander
# 21
03-29-2012, 05:01 AM
I was kind of underwhelmed by the free one, so there was no way in heck I was going to buy three of them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-29-2012, 01:22 PM
One other thing i want to mention for clarity sake, i'm not asking for them to issue me a $50 cash refund, i want the 4000 cryptic points back that those worthless ships cost. The cash money isnt an issue i can easily afford that many times over and have spent quite a bit of cash in the cstore just cuz its fun and im a trek fan. But what i will not tolerate is buying something thats blatently worthless and feeling like ive been ripped off. By contrast the Kar'fi carrier i think was one of best if not the best ship purchase ive made to date, but these 3 ships which were twice the price dont even seem to be in the same tier.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlak
I was kind of underwhelmed by the free one, so there was no way in heck I was going to buy three of them.
For me it was the lack of tactical purpose - ships in my opinion should be downsized with greater weapons power and not upsized with little benefit judging by STO's mission and STF play. None of them require an enormous exploration cruiser with 2000 civilians on it.

That's why I don't buy c-store cruisers at all.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-29-2012, 02:04 PM
So define 'blatently worthless'....

Looking at Sol Sector space, its obvious that the ship has been a popular seller. and IMHO, the Science Odyssey is such a nice cruiser that I've finally switched from my high mileage T5 Excelsior refit, as without the Saucer it turns just as good, with a much better hull rating, and a superior BO console seating setup... The extended 'quantum slipstream drive' is also very nice... (Now if it only had Transwarp to almost all sectors like the T5 Excelsior has...)

Just because you don't like it, is that a good enough excuses to demand a refund of your purchase???
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I always wait for real player feedback before buying anything from the C-store (unless it's a uniform or such where I can easily see if I like it or not). When considering a purchase, you should think of the phrases "Buyer beware" and "All sales are final" as to how it's going to be.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
I always wait for real player feedback before buying anything from the C-store (unless it's a uniform or such where I can easily see if I like it or not). When considering a purchase, you should think of the phrases "Buyer beware" and "All sales are final" as to how it's going to be.
Yeah Ferengi trading Policy lol. Best way to find out if you will like a C-Store ship that won't cost you any real money, hop on Tribble and play with them there...
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelflag View Post
While i appreciate the attention from you all telling me tough luck and i should have tested it on tribble let me remind you of something, PWE accounts don't have access to tribble. Also I didn't make this post to argue with you all made an in game ticket also and if i had a phone number for the billing department i'd be on the phone with them. What i'm saying is very simple its my opinion that I was cheated with those 3 uselsss ships and they will refund my Cpoints or they will never see another dime of my money for anything ever again, and thats just flat out how it is.
wrong, PWE accounts(like mine) can access tribble, you must opt into testing on your account, its not hard, only takes a few seconds to do and bam, you have tribble access(and despite what some said, i even did this before my acct had any cstore pts on it or gold status)

not sure why so many people have such a hard time enabling tribble, All i can think is that cryptic need to make it so its a big button process rather then having to read to enable it......

and good luck getting cryptic to refund your points.....i got a feeling we will see flying pigs first tho.....we already have space whales tho!!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-30-2012, 02:10 AM
Ever owned a few motor vehicles IRL and can't seem to like a certain vehicle? Well just disconnect the battery, drain the fluids, let it sit in the garage for a while and drive something else first.

Come back perhaps next month, de-mothball the inactive one and enjoy it. They tend to grow on you

Honestly tho I was quite the naysayer when the Odysseys were released in that 4000cp pack but if you split it down to base components the price is not bad considering the paper stats and the unique consoles.

I was about to buy a Nebula class for 1600cp just for the universal bridge slot (so I can spam more tactical things) but why don't I add on 400cp for a much newer Odyssey with more and bigger toys. The Science Odyssey is omgwtfbbq - science powers with a cruiser hull

So if you don't want em give em to me LOL
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-30-2012, 03:58 AM
Again they are not bad ship...they are probably the most powerful cruisers in game especially with the complete set console added bonus.

Something is wrong if you say they are bad ships. You probably do not have optimum power setup and or optimum equipment and weapon setup. And or bad skill investment.

Or u were expecting 50 bucks worth of invincible starship....

You mentioned karfi did you buy the Bostasqu pack?

Come play with me in a private duel challenge. I'll be on my Bortasqu and you will be in yours and see which one of us is better. My Bortasqu rocks! I'll change your mind that the ship pack is worthless or are bad ships.

My Bortasqu can deal more than 400,000 of damage in PvP often enough.

I cannot even reach that kind of damage level with my other ships like my B'rel or original Bortas or any other cruisers(NeghVar, Sovereign, etc).

You know when a cruiser which is a beam boat dealt more than 400,000 worth of damage and score 14:0, you knew it was one good ship/build! And that's even with Tac/cruiser combination. Still leveling up my engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-01-2012, 09:10 AM
I find the $50 price tag on the cruisers to be too much. You can get an entirely new game for that. So are these consoles so amazing that they required the same resources that an entirely new game would take? I think not.

If STO needs money, they will need to produce more then this before a $50 price tag is warranted.

$10 each, $25 bundled is the highest I would think to be fair to ask for.
Closed Thread