Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
My girlfriend wanted to get the DS9 interior, but she's 75 Cryptic Points short. I had the idea to sell 75 Cryptic Points for 50 Dilithium so she could buy it [since I figured nobody else would], but it got snapped up very fast.

Does anyone know of a way where I can put Dilithium or Cryptic Points on the Dilithium Exchange and assure that she's the one who gets it?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2012, 01:20 AM
75CP is like...4 daily dilithium runs. Less laziness.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Make each CP cost 500...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Err, misread. nevermind.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
My girlfriend wanted to get the DS9 interior, but she's 75 Cryptic Points short. I had the idea to sell 75 Cryptic Points for 50 Dilithium so she could buy it [since I figured nobody else would], but it got snapped up very fast.

Does anyone know of a way where I can put Dilithium or Cryptic Points on the Dilithium Exchange and assure that she's the one who gets it?

Thanks!
Someone corect me if I am wrong, but if you convert your refined dilithium to CP and then sell it for refined dilithium on the CP Exchange Market you can then log in with another alt on that account and withdraw the refined dilithium to any of your alts on that account. You can effectively consolidate all your refined dilithium to a single charactor in this manner.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Someone corect me if I am wrong, but if you convert your refined dilithium to CP and then sell it for refined dilithium on the CP Exchange Market you can then log in with another alt on that account and withdraw the refined dilithium to any of your alts on that account. You can effectively consolidate all your refined dilithium to a single charactor in this manner.
That does nothing for the situation described in the op. One acct to another.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover

Thanks!
The Simple Answer is that Dilithium & C-Points cannot be directly transferred between accounts...

There are some indirect methods, such as...
  • converting to 'Unreplicatable Materials' at memory Alpha, and Emailed to recipient (only useful if she is into crafting...)
  • Buying DOFFs off the Exchange for ECs, and Emailed to recipient (which upon arrival, can be claimed, then dismissed for Dilithium)
  • Collect (or purchase off the Exchange) 'Contraband' and Email to recipient, which can be turned in for Dilithium at the Security Officer at the center of ESD
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the Dilithium packages rewarded from the Academy Events are not bound, and can be sent to other players through Mail or the Exchange. Not 100% certain, though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
I could be wrong, but I think the Dilithium packages rewarded from the Academy Events are not bound, and can be sent to other players through Mail or the Exchange. Not 100% certain, though.
Did you ever have to 'open' one of those packages??? Their unpacked on pickup... Same with the package from 'Investigative Reports' for doing 3 Foundry missions...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The Simple Answer is that Dilithium & C-Points cannot be directly transferred between accounts...

There are some indirect methods, such as...
  • [Collect (or purchase off the Exchange) 'Contraband' and Email to recipient, which can be turned in for Dilithium at the Security Officer at the center of ESD
This one sounds like the best method. Would you happen to know how much Dilithium I would get per item of Contraband?

(thanks for the other suggestions, too!)