Lt. Commander
# 11
03-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Okay, so the Germans and French are happy. What about Spaniards and Latinos?
Lt. Commander
# 12 About time!
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
This is a good thing. I'm from the US but I'm mostly up at night due to my job being late night hours. Now I don't have lose any sleep just to squeeze in something. You Spaniards, keep your chins up! I'm sure you'll get something too!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Danke !

So does this mean that we will also get the German and Frensh Forums back that were closed due to low traffic? (at very least there should be a general-talk and a SUPPORT section, i know traffic is lower in these languages, most of us do indeed understand english, but some don't and they need a place to get support, be it player to player or with some QA people in there)
Lt. Commander
# 14 EU
03-29-2012, 10:01 AM
There are 27 EU countries, each having different official languages. Some of them have more than one
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-29-2012, 10:06 AM
As the average anglo-Canadian says when attempting french
"Marecey Buckets"
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerwin View Post
There are 27 EU countries, each having different official languages. Some of them have more than one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languag...nion#Knowledge
2/3rds of people (skewed towards the young - IE people who would play MMORPGs) in Sweden, Malta, Holland, Denmark, Cyprus, and Finland speak English. Norway and Iceland have similar numbers.
Half or more speak it in Germany, Slovenia, Austria, Belgium, and Luxembourg. Remember this is conversational. Near half speak it in Croatia, Greece and Estonia.

English alone reaches 51% of EU citizens. German reaches 32% and French reaches 26%. Some people speak both or all three of these languages, but my estimate is that 2/3rds of EU citizens can speak one of these three, 3/4th of them young, and that 80% of those who have an interest in ever playing STO would know one of these languages.

If Russian, Spanish, and Italian were added, I would say that the overwhelming majority of EU citizens could play the game in a language in which they could hold a conversation.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
Danke !

So does this mean that we will also get the German and Frensh Forums back that were closed due to low traffic? (at very least there should be a general-talk and a SUPPORT section, i know traffic is lower in these languages, most of us do indeed understand english, but some don't and they need a place to get support, be it player to player or with some QA people in there)
They've been open since last night :p

DE: http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=294

FR: http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-29-2012, 10:27 AM
New Event times, Yes. Are these going to be listed in CET or UTC/GMT anywhere or are we going to have to work out conversions?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
I should brush up on my french. I don't think "Je suis parle francais tres tres petite" is going to cut it anymore!!!

(the joke is that I've literally said "I am I speak French very very small" which is a god-awful way of translating what I want to say into French)
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-29-2012, 10:34 AM
BrankFlakes, if PWE is interested in Hebrew translations I'll be more than happy to provide with extended assistance.