Lt. Commander
# 31
03-29-2012, 03:51 PM
And still no Spanish translation, one of the most spoken languages in the world. With things like this I understand why my friends don't want to try the game.
Lt. Commander
# 32 My bet is for no italien
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J.Wildstar
Please localized Italian
I work for a company which markets internationally, I deal with 17 locales (web sites, software etc.) and Italiano is the least used. we get more traffic/business in Swahili than we do in Italian. This is fairly common for all international businesses. We seen all the arguments for it, but the business reality says otherwise.

Spanish (both Portuguese and Brazilian Spanish variants) is the better choice with a larger user base for MMO's and a growing social demographic.
Lt. Commander
# 33 STO in Spanish, please
03-30-2012, 12:37 AM
¿Para cuando la traducción en español? Si estuviera traducido al español, mucha más gente accedería sin problemas al Star Trek Online y dejaría su dinero en él.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the translation in Spanish? If it were translated to the Spanish, more people would accede without problems to the Star Trek Online and leave their money on it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-30-2012, 12:51 AM
i saw some turks flying around on sto a few days back, i wouldnt be surprised if they ask for a localisation the same with the russians.

spanish and portugese should be next, south america along with spain and portugal should be next, it covers almost 1/4 of the world as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-30-2012, 01:18 AM
New timeslots, great! Me gusta.

I'm German, and I don't care about German language support, IMO not understanding English to an extent that you can play an MMO would be a serious handicap for anybody in the world today. But maybe that's just me. In my opinion you should take the money it takes to localize the client and put it into new content (same goes for voice acting)
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-30-2012, 02:16 AM
I have quite a few german friends who quit or never really started playing STO due to the lack of localization. PC Gaming is very popular in Germany and they have the money to spend. Nice move Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 37 Universal traslator
03-30-2012, 02:30 AM
Spanish translation so my girlfriend wants to play with me... she still plays wow...(it´s translated)

Sorry for my english.

THX this game is great!!
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-30-2012, 05:35 AM
I just wish they fixed emote "localizations", which have been broken since forever... Why do I need to read someone else's game-generated emote e.g. in german ("their" localization) when my own localization is different?
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Sorry to tread on your pretty little party here...

But did you actually use People that speak these languages or did you just tied Google Translate into the Game?
"Antiprotonenblitz-Pistole - Druckbolzen"... Really?
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-30-2012, 06:18 AM
Since you are welcoming the EU, I take it Danish will be included into the game soon?

Someone had to do it...