# 42
03-30-2012, 06:28 AM
I'm waiting for STO all in the Klingon language
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelorKiith View Post
Sorry to tread on your pretty little party here...

But did you actually use People that speak these languages or did you just tied Google Translate into the Game?
"Antiprotonenblitz-Pistole - Druckbolzen"... Really?
Lol, oh yeah, I always love it when someone links some genius translation like that one in chat
Lt. Commander
# 44 Spain is "different"
03-30-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm from Spain. I bought a lifetime subs when the game was still in BETA... long time ago, and only one of my friends has tried the game since... Why? It's not in Spanish!!!. I can't believe this game is translated to French and German and not to Spanish. Take the world population of French and German speakers... and they don't sum half the number of Spanish speakers. PLEASE, TRANSLATE TO SPANISH, most of the German and French people speak English, but that's not the case in Spain ( almost 50 million population) and of course it's not the case in the American continent either.

I'm not making up what i'm saying, here you have a couple of links...

http://www.abc.es/20120329/familia-e...203291050.html

http://www.abc.es/20120329/sociedad/...203291243.html

These links are from one of the most important newspapers in Spain, those news are from YESTERDAY, and they say that people in Spain have a very bad level of understanding of the English language, while at the same time we spend more money than any other country in the EU to learn it, but PRIVATELY, not at school, because at school the level is so low that it's useless. In fact, the news say that we spend TWICE the EU average, that's something to take into consideration. 50% or more of the German and French speakers in the EU can speak English well enough to play STO, but thatīs not the case with the Spaniards and other Spanish speakers in the world.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Well, seems the localization got even more borked than before. Now I see "this and that got a Galor" messages in GERMAN instead of the English I'm supposed to see!

Congratulations for screwing something this simple up...
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-31-2012, 05:03 PM
  1. EU players will still be on the same servers as us, yes? One thing I kind of miss about the first generation MMORPGs was occasionally running into people from other continents. I've liked that about STO, and I sincerely hope we're about to run into even more foreign players in game.
  2. I agree that it is almost criminal that there is no Spanish version. There are a huge number of Spanish-speaking Trek nerds out there!
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Will the game translate our english to their languages? IF not I see a huge problem with bringing in more non-english speaking ppl for STFs. Alot of ppl who do understand english can't pull off a normal stf much less an elite... the elites require much more coordination thus this will make elite pug stf even more rare to win in.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Weer te lui voor Nederlands? Stelletje HUFTERS!
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytex
Will the game translate our english to their languages? IF not I see a huge problem with bringing in more non-english speaking ppl for STFs. Alot of ppl who do understand english can't pull off a normal stf much less an elite... the elites require much more coordination thus this will make elite pug stf even more rare to win in.
You realise that since launch the whole world has been playing on the same server, yes? This EU "relaunch" doesn't change that.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-03-2012, 08:16 AM
that bad news, then you start reading, following a thread of hope again to see how Spanish speakers, discriminate against us once again.

please ask a minimum, a forum section for Spanish speakers