Lt. Commander
# 31
03-29-2012, 08:40 AM
I am assuming all languages from the EU are catered for and not just French and German?

It would be a bit silly calling it and EU updated if they aren't....
Lt. Commander
# 32 best of luck :)
03-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Yep. I'll talk to Forum Master StormShade to see if there is something that can be done I think this happened in the past though when we had the FR/ DE forums.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Just because something bad happened in the past, doesn't mean that we should repeat in the future, if we can avoid it

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-29-2012, 08:48 AM
So when can we expect a grammatically correct translation into the Queen's English? Please remember that not all talk/write your *******ization of my mother tongue .
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I'm not one to quibble about grammar in these dev blogs, but it's an easy fix in this case:

Where: "profession-specific ones active on you", Read: "profession-specific buffs active on you"
as opposed to "profession-specific tribbles [in my inventory (synonymous with 'on you']".

My immediate thought was I would have to mail tribbles to my other career toons and eat up inventory slots. Then I re-read team buff and it was all good.

Ah, language.
So, if Q says "Mon Capitan" on the English side, what's the equivalent "John Luck Pickard" Q-ism in French and German? "O Captain My Captain"?
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackynews View Post

Ah, language.
So, if Q says "Mon Capitan" on the English side, what's the equivalent "John Luck Pickard" Q-ism in French and German? "O Captain My Captain"?
"John Luck Pickard" =
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
And here I was hoping Promotion would = sale in C-Store. Guess we really are never seeing another sale. Shame since that's the only time I ever buy C-Points
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I am assuming all languages from the EU are catered for and not just French and German?

It would be a bit silly calling it and EU updated if they aren't....
For PWE, as with most of their other games, EU, in terms of localization/ language, is considered French and German. This is a standard amongst most game publishers too

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Speaking of IDIC... what ever happened to those "Special Badges" that were supposedly in the works for Vulcans, Andorians, and so on?
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
Speaking of IDIC... what ever happened to those "Special Badges" that were supposedly in the works for Vulcans, Andorians, and so on?
Dstahl said in an interview that he knew that artwork had been done for them, but didn't know what state they were in. He said he'd check on it. I'd be willing to bet that they will reappear, but maybe not soon.

Although... they'd be really nice to have for First Contact Day, wouldn't they?
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
oi, I hope Stormy can figure out a way to seperate them. I have the twitter linked to my phone, so it's blowing up right now.
Edit: I have the TOS communicator fx, so it sounds like their are crickets sitting next to me right now...
I think an easy way to do this is to make different accounts for each locality like Cryptic_FR and Cryptic_DE that have their own twitter accounts tied to them.