Lt. Commander
# 71
04-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Are you new to the magical world of MMO's?

European does infact get the standard of German and French....don't blame Flakes for being the messenger on the long standing standard.
Not if I'm new to the mmo, but took more time than you in this forum and in this game.

I do not care what language is translated into the game, but is Europe SPAIN, I repeat for those who will not realize, CAN NOT SAY WELCOME EUROPEAN when not representing ALL Europeans, only the French and Germans, who do not lie, they do not want to believe that all Europeans support, only support the French and German. For other games and other companies say to you and you are not representatives Cryptic about anything, so you can not say what other companies support or not, that perfect world does not support the Spaniards not to say that's standard, there many mmo translated into Castilian.

Another thing you should look at Perfect World that (my opinion) is spitting the consumer Spanish is that we are the 4th country's best-selling video game in Europe, if we add that Castilian is spoken in south-america is a large field of subscriptions that are losing, it's your money, not mine.
The source of this information is a page in Castilian (use google) and others have to do every day.

http://es.engadget.com/2012/03/23/la...go-gozan-de-p/
http://juegos-directos.com/?p=2374
http://www.capital.es/2011/10/04/cad...s-videojuegos/

I repeat it before, Perfect World and Cryptic can do whatever you want with your game, but stop insulting with this promotion, Europe many countries are not only French and German, doi them congratulations for the good law requiring to companies to double their games to sell in their countries.

Sorry for the royo but that's burning me a lot.

Would apologize for my English, is a translator and I wish I could put it in my original language to translate it otherwise could ye but Cryptic punishes these messages.

A greeting.
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girfud View Post
Not if I'm new to the mmo, but took more time than you in this forum and in this game.

I do not care what language is translated into the game, but is Europe SPAIN, I repeat for those who will not realize, CAN NOT SAY WELCOME EUROPEAN when not representing ALL Europeans, only the French and Germans, who do not lie, they do not want to believe that all Europeans support, only support the French and German. For other games and other companies say to you and you are not representatives Cryptic about anything, so you can not say what other companies support or not, that perfect world does not support the Spaniards not to say that's standard, there many mmo translated into Castilian.

Another thing you should look at Perfect World that (my opinion) is spitting the consumer Spanish is that we are the 4th country's best-selling video game in Europe, if we add that Castilian is spoken in south-america is a large field of subscriptions that are losing, it's your money, not mine.
The source of this information is a page in Castilian (use google) and others have to do every day.

http://es.engadget.com/2012/03/23/la...go-gozan-de-p/
http://juegos-directos.com/?p=2374
http://www.capital.es/2011/10/04/cad...s-videojuegos/

I repeat it before, Perfect World and Cryptic can do whatever you want with your game, but stop insulting with this promotion, Europe many countries are not only French and German, doi them congratulations for the good law requiring to companies to double their games to sell in their countries.

Sorry for the royo but that's burning me a lot.

Would apologize for my English, is a translator and I wish I could put it in my original language to translate it otherwise could ye but Cryptic punishes these messages.

A greeting.
In addition to what you said, we must bear in mind that the main reason why this game has been translated into French and German is because in these two countries is required by law to translate computer games so they can be marketed.

Un saludo / Regards,

Magolossum
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-02-2012, 07:25 AM
You know the funny thing is ...

PWE Europe is located in the Netherlands.

So you can spare me your indignation, I rather see people using English that German, French, Italian, Irish, etc ... as communication eventually bogs down when more that half of the people communicating in a way you cannot understand.

And too bad I cannot go all political on this, considering current events within the EU with the Merkel-Sarkozy axis ... I would have so much to type ...
Lt. Commander
# 74
04-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
To celebrate STO’s re-launch in the EU, Q is back for a special Double XP Bonus Weekend! Also, anyone who logs in during the promotional timeframe will earn a special accolade that will allow them to claim an IDIC Tribble.

Link to the news article.
I never received an email about this. What's the point of checking the box that allows Cryptic/PWE to send me emails if I have to find out about these things from third parties (in this case, I received a newsletter from STO Academy which told me of their updated tribble list, and just happened to notice the IDIC trib on it, and THEN had to do research to see if I missed out on it or not!) and with less than two hours left to the promotion? Seriously? I saw someone say they'd like more advanced notice. I'd settle for ANY notice, thanks. :/
Lt. Commander
# 75
04-02-2012, 05:24 PM
So, should STO also release a Latin and Esperanto localization, because "someone" may want it? How about a release in Klingon, or even Elvish?

Fact is, having English, German and French languages ensures that 99% of all EU players can play STO in a language they are fluent in, if not their native tongue.

For the Queen's English vs. American style, think of American English as a T5 retrofit of the T4 Queen's English - more versatility and universal slots.