Lt. Commander
# 11
03-29-2012, 11:16 AM
The new Klingon mission is to collect lock boxes...
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-29-2012, 11:19 AM
I wonder why so many people react as if it was an apocalypse, plague etc. Chill down guys and gals. You can turn off the notices. You can discard any lock box. You simply ignore them. On the other hand - those who want a new ship can try to open them. No harm done. Get over it and stop being hysterical.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
The new Lockbox ship is a special Fed only B'Rel BoP retrofit.

But to equip it you need to have a KDF alt, that needs to purchase a special key from the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I am perfectly fine with lock box's, it is Cryptics best way to make money

but please put actual worth wile stuff in them. especially gold. nothing upsettied me more than finding a gold box and it only had a ENGINE BATTERY in it
Lt. Commander
# 15 Why Oh Why
03-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Who was the genius who came up with this EVIL. Im bombarded by torpedoes, get shot at by slow moving Governators and keep on getting these ridiculous lock box drops. Will it ever end or at least toned down. I bust my tail to get loot for EC and such and i have to sift through the useless boxes. We are Captains not UPS delivery people.

As Newman said on Seinfeld: Its a never ended cycle of boxes, boxes and boxes and more boxes a never ending cycle of torture and misery.

The Galors are done and gone and they want to advance the Cardassian Lock Boxes honestly i think the new Featured Series was a front to do what other MMORPGs are doing by giving these unlockable drops, all they have to do is change the name to transition and give us a new "box"

So do these guys have a department thats inside Spongebob's Imagination Idiot Box, that thinks about new ways to bombard us with boxes.

Cryptic's Uncut version of Wraith of Khan scene "Kirk's Birthday"

"This is not about age and you know it this about piloting a computer console when you could be out collecting lock boxes", Dr. McCoy

"Bones, i don't want to lectured" Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapeldonut View Post
NO!! WHY GOD?!? WHY?!? I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH THIS LOCK BOX CRAP!

Doesn't CRYPTIC understand that a majority of players (From what I've seen on forums) despises lock boxes?

:
Free-to-play means they need other means of money to keep the servers alive. No worries, though. Please feel free to either ignore the boxes OR . . . if you wish . . . feel free to send any unwanted lock boxes my way. I am still opening the 2000+ I got from last month and when I run out of those I need something else to open.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
I, for one, support the lockboxes, more money means more content. I also have enough self control to not spend beyond my means to acquire a piece of code.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapeldonut View Post
Doesn't CRYPTIC understand that a majority of players (From what I've seen on forums) despises lock boxes?
Their accountants tell a different story

Apparently based on previous sales everyone loves them.
Must be all those closet buyers that just can't resist
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
I love the lockboxes tbh! I spend my stipend on the keys, or the boxes as with the jem'hadar one, then spend a few bucks (20ish) to see if I can't get more. Basically doing a normal monthly payment just on keys

I didn't get the Galor (kinda sad but oh well), but I find this quite fun and I know when to stop. Normally.. hehe.

Like others have mentioned, this is a great way for them to make money and thus they will keep doing it
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
I love the lockboxes tbh! I spend my stipend on the keys, or the boxes as with the jem'hadar one, then spend a few bucks (20ish) to see if I can't get more. Basically doing a normal monthly payment just on keys

I didn't get the Galor (kinda sad but oh well), but I find this quite fun and I know when to stop. Normally.. hehe.

Like others have mentioned, this is a great way for them to make money and thus they will keep doing it
I appreciate that, Askray. To each their own - I am in no position to tell people how to spend their money.

But my issue with them is the way they are pretty well shoved in our faces at every opportunity. It's like the mother who tries to spoon feed a toddler that keeps shirking away by saying "Heeeeere comes the aeroplane! Zooooooom!"

No matter how much positive spin Cryptic tries to put on the lockboxes (And Im not talking launcher splash screens, forums and dev blogs - I'm talking about flooding system space with the hideous things and spamming global chat with excited notifications of who won what) there is absolutely nothing they can do that will make them taste any better.

I'm a big fan of transparent marketing when it comes to game immersion, and this, sir... aint it.