Lt. Commander
# 11
03-30-2012, 11:35 AM
I did a quick google search and apparently the diagonal keys can be finicky in some games. People reported turning off the diagonal in the options so it is just a 4 way d-pad, not an 8 way d-pad and that solved their issue.

Try that. Otherwise i don't know, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-30-2012, 12:40 PM
I can turn off the diagonal keys as you suggest, but that doesn't get me what I need. Imagine flying your ship with the WASD or arrow keys and only being able to to go up or down or left or right, but not both up and left at the same time. Doesn't work very well. If you were using a joystick that would be terrible, and that's what this basically is (just not analog).
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra
I can turn off the diagonal keys as you suggest, but that doesn't get me what I need. Imagine flying your ship with the WASD or arrow keys and only being able to to go up or down or left or right, but not both up and left at the same time. Doesn't work very well. If you were using a joystick that would be terrible, and that's what this basically is (just not analog).
That doesnt stop you from going diagonal. From what I read it may just fix some buggy software that razr has that make the diagonla keys of the d-pad not function properly in some games.

Having a 4 way d-pad should work just like WASD works now, as WASD is just 4 way digital.

EDIT: Even though my g13 has a little thumbstick that feels analog, it is actually only a 4-way d-pad and it works fine for going at angles.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Well if memory serves the last time I tried that it didn't work. I can try it again when I get home just to be sure.

I'm curious what websites you found this information on. Can you post some links?

It seems silly for me to buy a G13 for STO and have the Nostromo for other games. I agree that the software for the Nostromo could be a bit better, but this is really the only issue I've had with it and only with STO (which is breaking my heart).
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I just did a quick google search for "Nostormo direction pad diagonal issues". Wasnt too in depth. Saw a few comments and posted here.

Im not suggestion you buy a G13. I was just pointing out that it uses a 4 way d-pad and that doesn't limit its ability to do diagonal. If you find it uncomfortable that kinda defeats the purpose of custom gaming keyboard. Everyone has different hands sizes. Slightly off topic but it is why I use a RAT 7 mouse, because I can customize the way it fits my hand.

I would post this issue to Razr support if disabling the diagonal doesnt work. This really is their responsibility to make sure their hardware/software works with games. Game companies cant test every niche hardware combination.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I originally emailed Razer about it, and they basically pointed at STO. I put in a technical support ticket for the issue with Perfect World/Cryptic and they basically said that it's not officially supported. So basically they are pointing blame at eachother and telling me to flip off.

I posted here in hopes that a STO developer might see the thread and look into the issue. Since it's the only game I have the trouble with so far, I think that's what it'll take to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-30-2012, 05:07 PM
You will get more chance for a fix if you bother Razr. As you said PWE/Cryptic said its not supported and that is what any game would company say. Razr on the other hand does have to listen to your problem as it is their product that is not working.

Razr can point put the blame on STO but it is their responsibility to make their hardware/software work with games.

I would email them back and keep emailing them if they cant solve your issue.

Obviously you can still post here, but I doubt you will get a response from a Dev on this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-30-2012, 05:13 PM
When I was using my Nostromo for STO, I do believe I set it up like a 4 way hat swich and not an 8 way. I don't recall having any issues moving in two directions at once. It has been a long while since I have though (about a year maybe).
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-30-2012, 05:17 PM
I did some searching and it sounds like this issue may be related to the version 2.0 and newer of the drivers. Other users seem to be saying that the previous driver (v1.03) worked perfectly. However it's not on razer's website anymore. Still it looks like you can find it with some searching.

I never installed the older driver, so I haven't tried that yet. As soon as I can, I'm going to give that a try. I'll report back with my results.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Well so much for that idea. I thought I could find the older 1.03 drivers on the internet, but so far all the links are dead. If someone has the older drivers and could post them somewhere or PM me I would REALLY appreciate it.