Lt. Commander
# 21
03-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Would be nice to have some sort of target designation ability for non tactical players - some sort of 'targeting laser' indicator would do.

Also manual lighting controls (more visible formation lights, etc), and everything aforementioned.

Would be nice if the maneuvering emotes had some benefit for minor stat benefits too. Barrel roll as a short 5 second '+30% defense, -10% offense' temporary buff etc.

For the RPers

Set visual ship damage level. Good if this had interior and exterior options too.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-29-2012, 10:50 PM
/Launch Probe

This would be really cool to see it fly off 50km away, scan and then return, or pop
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-30-2012, 05:28 AM
An Emote that would allow me to see a little screaming voice bubble and a disruptor shot sound effect appear and happen so I could acurately RP what I'd like to do when I decloak becuase I got a call in my BoP?

But I would really like the Tribbles abandoning ship emote as well to use before I die in PvP.

And maybe a victory roll emote to go with the fireworks.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-30-2012, 06:30 AM
How about Z axis up and Z axis down so that we can finally shut up those guys who keep asking for 3 dimensional movement?
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-30-2012, 06:50 AM
the best ship emotes are already out there.
If you go into kerrat all the feds drop alot of greenish yellow stuff all over the place.
That says it all.

and yes, i was thinking of lemonade.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

My idea is simple; Fix the bugs that have plauged STO since launch, especially kdf one that continue to make cartain missions uncompletable, and stick the ship emotes up your warp core.
wow angry much ? lol
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robingbrown View Post
How about Z axis up and Z axis down so that we can finally shut up those guys who keep asking for 3 dimensional movement?
Wouldn't work as an emote because emotes wouldn't change the ship's actual position.

I think the best way to handle that issue would be with a special navigation console that lets you perform a Z axis ascend maneuver. All forward movement (except inertia) would stop as you ascend to a higher elevation at half impulse. Thrusters would allow limited rotation while ascending. That way it would only be used on a cooldown basis, would not always be a tactically sound thing to do, and it would look darn cool.

Since a console that only did Z-axis movement would be weak, I would suggest that it come with two powers that share the same cooldown. The second power would be a high-energy turn that temporarily increases the turn ratio significantly.

I don't have much opinion about ship emotes one way or the other. I think we're less likely to get battle damage emotes than more simple ones like shooting off probes and such.

I do have one idea that might be okay. How about shield flicker? Like when a shield is absorbing damage? Might be good for RP.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Emotes,
/Eject_Redshirt <number 1-10> fires that numer of Redshirst out an airlock
/fireworks Fires fireworks if u have them in ur inventory that way we can bind them to a key
/lights Toggles lights
/Accedental_Self_destruct Destroys ur ship...
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-30-2012, 04:46 PM
haha amazing suggestions here. Quite many of these would be great tied to abilities and features like launching doff missions (a shuttle departs and disappears) etc.

My fav would be searchlights.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
haha amazing suggestions here. Quite many of these would be great tied to abilities and features like launching doff missions (a shuttle departs and disappears) etc.

My fav would be searchlights.
Hey I suggested this in another thread also! I would love to see shuttle depart when I start a Doff mission

Thread ... = See shuttles leaving & returning (Doff activity) =