Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I've only recently made BG on my Klingon Engineer after almost two years (yes, yes I know) and I'm starting to think that my setup on my 2nd anniversary Bortas cruise isn't all that good.

Backstory: Started playing At launch to get a Klingoin char, gave up for a while, came up, gave up again, came back to do featured episodes, topped at in mid thirties, gave up yet again, then came back with the doff system and levelled to BG via that and the newer featured episodes.

I've got a 2nd anniversary Bortas (NOT a Bortasqu variant) and a Vor'cha refit from LG
My skills are slef chosen for what seemed like a good idea at the time.
My boffs are exactly as I got them, just promioted the minimum amount required.
I've got a full complement of boffs with mostly engioneerign ones as I used to use turrets on ground missions before the ground combat change.

I have no idea what a good setup for my ship(s), boffs, or skills should be. I'm not even sure what ship to use...

What I'd like to get help with is either some direct advice 'do this, this, and that' or a pointer to some useful guides that are relvant to my problem. I've tried searching but haven't found anything relevant (or I'm searching for the wrong things).

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2012, 01:07 PM
See if this helps, by Hilbert,
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=258587
(and keep your eyes open for a KDF version I scrambled together based off of it during KAW2 to be released on the Gates Of Stovokor website.)

as well as this on Cruisers by mavario,
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=249906

read the KDF section as some threads on teh Bortas exist there with good advice. Also the PvP forums.
Ask question in both and experiment then tell us your build idea with equipment BOffs, etc.
Many PvP'ers are more than willing to help.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Thanks Roach
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Ive just been thro' exactly the same process mate - and after much reading (and advice from more experienced players) I have come up with the following.

If you wish to heal in BG's (which as an engineer is your forte) then try and save up the dilithium for the Negh'var the extra ensign engineer slot is invaliable to the build below:-

BFAW1, APB1
HE1, TSS2
EPTW1
EPTW1, RSP1, ET3
EPTS1, EPTS2, AtSIF2, ES3

With power settings of 90/55/25/30 the EPTW and EPTS can be ran with a macro - giving you 125 weapon and shield power constantly (this is where the ensign slot comes in handy) whilst still giving you enough targetable resist/shield/hull heals.

Too much incoming damge, pop EPS power transfer and swap to power settings of 25/50/25/100 and watch your heals fly thro the roof!

With Doffs to lower engineering team cooldown you basically get a massive heal every 15 seconds (im still hunting these).

Run with all beams and your damage will be respectable also thanks to EPTW. (Currently phasers)
Use the borg set (with console), appart from the KHG shield.
Tac consoles to boost damage type.
Sci shield console, and borg.
Eng neutronium alloy and 3 EPS flow regulators.

Very new to PVP, but with this layout I can tank thro 3-4 feds focussing me - or keep a focussed target up almost indeffinately!

The Vorcha can be set up in a similar way (without 2 x EPTW), allowing you to farm up the dilithium to purchase the Neg.

Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 12:22 PM
And ask questions in-game on the OrganizedPvP channel.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Your horse is amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
Your horse is amazing.
Mister Ed?