Lt. Commander
# 11
04-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Get a Heg'tah BOP. That way you can roll 90% of the time as a pseudo-TAC with a TAC commander with CRF III and THY III. Then when you feel guilty every once in a while that you're ignoring your sci powers, you can switch to a SCI commander. But then you'll remember that 90% of this game is a DPS chase and go back to being pseudo-TAC.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-03-2012, 03:32 AM
I got the Vo'Quv Carrier for free now, it actually was possible after all. I could have sworn it was a ship that cost 120k dilithium and wasn't redeemable with a token. I'll play around with it until I reach level 50 and then I'll decide if I'll go with a Karfi or a Gorn vessel.

A quick question about power levels - does the Aux power level only count at the moment a skill is used or does it keep influencing the skill? Gravity Well specifically works for a few seconds, so I wonder if it would be efficient to use it at max aux and then switch power to weapons while it does it's thing. With a EPS console the power transfer works pretty fast.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-03-2012, 04:12 AM
You are right - Aux power only matters at the moment you activate the sci skill. EPS and custom power setups are real handy in PvE, and essential in PvP. The best to bind them to easily accessible keys. In my bindfile:

q "StatsPreset_Load Preset_1"
e "StatsPreset_Load Preset_2"
c "StatsPreset_Load Preset_3"
v "StatsPreset_Load Preset_4"
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-07-2012, 06:42 AM
I still couldn't decide on a ship, but with the current sale I now got a deadline to make up my mind.

My experience with the Vo'Quv has been mixed so far. The pets, be it the BoPs or the small fighters don't feel like they are doing much. Maybe they do, but the feeling is just not there you know? If I battle a borg sphere in an STF 1vs1 it doesn't seem like the pets do anything, all the damage is from my phasers (which also don't do that much since I'm having power problems, with 5 beams firing I can't seem to keep my weapon power above 70 even with 100% wep power).

I had good results with power siphon drones though. Even with just one I had tactical cubes just sitting there completely defenseless and inert. That felt great! Too bad they don't help a thing against the borg structures though. But these definitely seem useful.

How far can these experiences be transfered to the Kar'Fi? I know it got unique pets, something about suicide bombers? That sounds like the AI won''t be able to do much wrong with them.

There was another thread on Kar'FIs here yesterday and some people said they consider it pretty much useless for PvP and that KDF ships with no cloak are generally just sitting ducks in PvP. Where does that leave the Gorn Science Vessel? Has anyone tried it in PvP a lot? Do the repair drones help at all or they just get shot down or is the damage from enemy players too bursty for them to make an impact either way?

I'd appreciate some more thoughts, thanks everyone

Daidarabotchi: Those keybinds were fantastically useful, thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Kar'fi set up to drain in PVP is deadly. I don't do much PVP but the times I have I can't say I was targeted but maybe they were just bad players.

Syphon Drones, Polarons, and Energy Drain III skill will take anything to 0 Power plus keeps yours at almost 100+ across the board. Plus polarons are pretty cheap (Not as cheap as they were before the Jem'Hadar set) sometimes I switch to disruptors too, just for a change.