Lt. Commander
# 1 Please Stop Goldfarming in PvP
03-30-2012, 09:11 AM
This is starting to get beyond a joke, to be honest.

Either they just sit around doing nothing or they don't even bother to spawn in the first place (yet for some reason they still get credit). One match I had one who just sat AFK the whole match and another who just didn't spawn (as in he clicked engage, waited for the game starting countdown, shrank the client (which would prevent him from spawning), went off to do something and returned in half an hour, maxed the client (which would then give him the loading screen telling him to "press any key", spawning him) and collected his rewards.

Please can you do something about this Devs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Could be worse... I saw one guy this morning just full evasive into the other team over and over... Announced in zone "Pop me quick just here for the gold"
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Let's just start a list and publicly humiliate them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Forum rules prohibit that.

But, yeah, that stinks. It's easy enough raising dil as it is, sheesh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Ahh gosh... This deserves more whining than Kerrat AFK farming..

<insert whining here>

Cool, done.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2012, 10:45 AM
wow, thats sad.
I guess self respect sells short these days.
Lt. Commander
I agree it absolutely sucks having somebody afk an entire match. I don't roll into folks pve and purposely frak things up, farmers shouldn't do the same in pvp.

But.. let's be honest most of those carebear probably would suck as much if they tried then when they just go afk.

I'm sure all of us have been in a 5v5 at some point where you look at a team mate and think we would be doing tremendously better if you just weren't here.

I think i've even been told that on occasion....
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2012, 11:58 AM
What do you expect... people to actually pay for broken ships? ROFL
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2012, 12:17 AM
As a former Ker'rat farmer far more often than not I got into the fray.

When I tried I had a shot at the top score/prize.

When PvP started I enjoyed it and got involved.

It never occured to me the change in Ker'rat would create this probelm in the PvP ques which I happen to use from time to time.

I had not noticed anyone in particular doing it, but now that its been mentioned there have in fact been numerous occasions where I have noticed my team being 1 short.

Interestingly though; today I found myself thrust into a match in "Capture and Hold" as a 6th man.

It was 6 on 6 today. Was kind of messed up as I was the odd man out and was therefore not actually joined to the team.

Is this the answer and fix from Cryptic because without being able to be joined to the team it makes it pretty hard for me to monitor what team mates need healing etc...

On a side note I pretty much do STF's for my dilithium now.

What I simply can't understand is why anyone would farm gold (20k credits?). I think you mean they are farming three missions to get dilithium?

If this is in fact what is going on I would prefer they just remove the dilithium reward from PvP if nothing else.

When I do PvP its for just that. Not to get dilithium. I could care less about that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2012, 12:51 AM
They are playing the wrong game. They ultimate game for AFK heroes should be something like Starship Creator.