Lt. Commander
Ok there has been alot of talk about controling your ship from the bridge but i think the joy of that would wear off quickly. I know when i first started OB i was like wtf no bridge control but after time went on i came to discover it would just kill everything, Nothing would be fast action anymore so what i propose is instead...

Make the ship ( the whole ship ) like your in-game home where you can add throphy etc to your ready room and make it so that you can walk into dif parts of the ship and craft and have your own extra storage area. There should also be random times when mission that you have to do send you fighting off ship invaders in the dif areas of your ship or somthing strange happens etc and you have to figure it out.

The view screen would be a nice place to add a chat option with live web cam where you can choose home to home or bridge to bridge communication. Also i dont see why somthing as easy to add as impossing the sector space map right onto the view hasent been added yet.

The view screen, man what a chance to give us somthing really cool to use that no other MMO has. Why not let us use the view screen to watch movies from our hard drive, It would be great to invite your fleet mates over to your bridge after a hard day fighting klings to relaxe and watch a movie.

Sorry for the mis-spelling am sure there is a bunch

I was also thinking why not make tv missions real in-game missions and have the reward be watching the tv mission on your view screen after ( should be aboul to rewatch anytime you like after you have unlocked the mission). Also if cyptic wanted to add 1 or 2 commericals i wouldent mind (not not more then that ) The price to air some trek cant cost that much as most tv stations do it late at night anyways.

Quick rundown of ideas from the old thread
  • Watch episodes for TOS TNG DS9 etc on your ships view screen
  • In game missions based off the shows, rewards being unlocked episodes; goal unlock the whole series
  • Imposse sector space onto view screen
  • add capts ready room and ten-forword aswell, and the shuttle bay, perfect place for your del taco shuttle
  • Hail Starfleet from view screen
  • A doctors quarters for healing battle fatigue of your away team, get missions periodically like get bio sample for use ina medicine.
  • An astrometrics for long range scanning and fine detail sensor analysis. more quests like I discovered awormhole here lets go check it out.
  • Engineering where ya can fine tune your power scheme, upgrade ground mission equipement/weapons. Get resource gathering quests.
  • Ready room where you can view your tactical options and run combat simulations(in conjunction with the holodeck)
  • Captains quarters you store your cheevos/trophies,view uniform options, roster etc
  • Armory. Let me store my extra weapons here, have a firing range to test them and store my armor.

click the link in my sig to check out the original post
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Personalizing a bridge of a (presumably) military/pseudomilitary vessel outside of a mission-oriented basis wouldn't make sense; however, having a separate "captain's quarters" for such a personal housing function would be a good addition for those so minded.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 09:34 AM
been saying that for a bit. One thing cryptic can potentially do is solve the housing question in every mmo. Allow friends/invitees to beam aboard... maybe even put adventures on your own ship sometime with pre-fabbed areas.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin View Post
Ok there has been alot of talk about controling your ship from the bridge but i think the joy of that would wear off quickly. I know when i first started OB i was like wtf no bridge control but after time went on i came to discover it would just kill everything, Nothing would be fast action anymore so what i propose is instead...

Make the ship ( the whole ship ) like your in-game home where you can add throphy etc to your ready room and make it so that you can walk into dif parts of the ship and craft and have your own extra storage area. There should also be random times when mission that you have to do send you fighting off ship invaders in the dif areas of your ship or somthing strange happens etc and you have to figure it out.

The view screen would be a nice place to add a chat option with live web cam where you can choose home to home or bridge to bridge communication. Also i dont see why somthing as easy to add as impossing the sector space map right onto the view hasent been added yet.

The view screen, man what a chance to give us somthing really cool to use that no other MMO has. Why not let us use the view screen to watch movies from our hard drive, It would be great to invite your fleet mates over to your bridge after a hard day fighting klings to relaxe and watch a movie.

Sorry for the mis-spelling am sure there is a bunch

I was also thinking why not make tv missions real in-game missions and have the reward be watching the tv mission on your view screen after ( should be aboul to rewatch anytime you like after you have unlocked the mission). Also if cyptic wanted to add 1 or 2 commericals i wouldent mind (not not more then that ) The price to air some trek cant cost that much as most tv stations do it late at night anyways.

click the link in my sig to check out the original post

they could easily give us our own quarters for customize as well as our own ready room.. love to have a conference room with all my senior staff their discussing options on what we should do in a crisis.
Lt. Commander
# 5 You do have some points...
01-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Rumbleskin,

You do have some points about the bridge control. Although a 1st person 360 view of the bridge could add quest elements to the game. In effect, in the series as well as feature films, it is not always about piou piou throw torpedoes but also about drama and understanding of characters' acres, thoughts, or feelings. Inserting such gameplay may be an idea to incorporate larger gameplay but it would also make the game be much heavier which I am not against but I do not see how the dev can pull this off unless they talk about an expansion pack.
Trophy and decroation may be more viable but nethertheless, it would take months to pull it off, so I hope one or the other or both ideas get incorporated but it will certainly not be for tommorow.

See you in game
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I think this is a brilliant idea. Besides, doesn't every crewmember on a starship have their own quarters, with high officers having a stateroom? If your "home" is on your ship, which technically as a starfleet captain, it is, then your own quarters would be awesome
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 09:40 AM
This my friend is THE most awesome idea ever on this board.
Well at first it would sound al little nerdy to go watch Star Trek within a Star Trek game but for that feature and having one of the best player housing in MMO history i wouldn't mind being a nerd
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBorgh
been saying that for a bit. One thing cryptic can potentially do is solve the housing question in every mmo. Allow friends/invitees to beam aboard... maybe even put adventures on your own ship sometime with pre-fabbed areas.
This is heading in the right direction - pre fabbed - Create player made missions in the 'Holodeck' give us access to tools to create the scenario, waypoints, npc's etc and ability for us to be the scenario commander (dungeon master) - this screams classic never winter nights

Can be ground or space based player made missions - rewards could be based on participation or some system that does not allow abuse of rewards by players. With a strict scenario checking system this could potentially be allot of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Wasn't this already shot down in the old forums.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 04:30 PM
not shut down, they just moved the old one to the archive, if you click the link on my sig it takes you to the old thread