Lt. Commander
# 11
03-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Ihave had 30K critical also with antiproton beam
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm vice admiral engineer. I feel weaker than a drop of pee in the ocean compared to you guys.

The most dmg I've ever done is 600 for energy weapons and 5k from my chroniton torpedo....to mobs

WTH am I doing wrong?

I've been keeping my weapon settings maxed (no item or skill buffs...just passive buffs from skill tree) as I can get my shield power up to max (125) with my buffs. So it equals out to weapon = 120 and shields = 125.

All my equipment is XI and all but a couple devices are purple.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevara
I'm vice admiral engineer. I feel weaker than a drop of pee in the ocean compared to you guys.

The most dmg I've ever done is 600 for energy weapons and 5k from my chroniton torpedo....to mobs

WTH am I doing wrong?

I've been keeping my weapon settings maxed (no item or skill buffs...just passive buffs from skill tree) as I can get my shield power up to max (125) with my buffs. So it equals out to weapon = 120 and shields = 125.

Uh, Get some weapon modification ability's. Things like Beam Overload, Fire at Will, and High Yield Torpedoes. I don't see why you don't already have at least one of these (as your ship must have tactical slots). Attack Patterns help too. You shouldn't be running without anything to boost your weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2012, 11:20 PM
If you want to see big numbers on crits you need severity. Either through buffs or weapons. If your seeing only 5k hits on chrons thats pretty normal as they have lower dmg but debuff turnrate/speed. Quatum torpedos generally hit for 8-30k depending on normal hit or fully buffed. A HYT3 of quatums all critical on a +40% severity torpedo launcher can be beyond devistating. Generally each hit for 20-28k x 4. Tac captain and tac boff make it all possible.

Sci can get some nice numbers because of their debuffs but hard to touch tac. Ive 1 shotted and been 1 shotted in pvp by antiproton dual beam banks. All tac buffs, decloak, crit for about 65k average. Antiproton DBB mk X i think can get 70% severity.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-01-2012, 04:42 AM
Just did a 38k non crit Bo3 on a d'kyr, 1shotting it. Took me by surprise when the target "dissapeared", then i realised I had 1 shot him outta cloak. I actually disengaged to the side just to have a look at my combat log to confirm the 1 shot. Disruptor dbb non crit Bo3 at about 3-4 km. If that was a crit and antiproton, can't imagine how much dmg it would be, seems imba.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevara

WTH am I doing wrong?

Don't feel bad, my Engie cruiser doesnt do tons of damage, and I'm set up for space combat, w/ Mk XII Borg's. From all of my fleeties p.o.v. the Engie Cruiser is the most gimped character in the game dps wise. (Next to the standard tac-Odyssey with four RCS's)
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
that's not 89501 total. The number in parenthesis is the raw damage before your resist were calculated
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Huh, I figured it was damage to shields in parentheses, based on what a Dev said awhile back... but I may have read it wrong.