Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Dan tomorrow afternoon.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that will be released in the beginning of April. But, before they are posted on the site, they will first be answered in-game during an upcoming special in-game event next week (and then posted on the site that same day).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Can we have an update to the Roadmap for the Foundry please? Some sort of update on where things are heading and what items will start trickling into the editor?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Well this must be a first, I have a picture asking a question:

It's a real question honest.

Is it the secret Content store for Klingon's?

Slightly more serious questions:
1) The Andorian ship? when will we get it? Its been over 12 months since it was announced, and those Evil Pointy ears have their ship, us Andorians can't be out done by them!

2) With HTH combat weapons, can we get some differing holds or options for those of a larger build (Like my Gorn) who either look REALLY silly holding a batlef with stretchy arms, or grab a Lipara by the blade when they swing it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Dan tomorrow afternoon.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that will be released in the beginning of April. But, before they are posted on the site, they will first be answered in-game during an upcoming special in-game event next week (and then posted on the site that same day).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Heretic mentioned that Dept Heads would have passive abilities. What kinds of abilities are being thought about, and how much power will they contribute to a player? Along the same line, Is the first tier space captain power still what is being thought about for the First Officer clickable power?

Any new info on upcoming STFs or alternate methods other than luck to getting the Mk 12 costumes?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi Dan!

Could you share any thoughts on the STO exploration system? Do you guys plan any major explo revamp in the foreseeable future?

Thx,
Chev
Lt. Commander
# 6
1. What's the timeframe on expanding the area of space we can explore and/or do damage in? (i.e new sectors)

2. Has any thought been given to having people controlled ships fighting against regular players for events? In that I mean, couldn't we have either Mods/Devs/ or trusted players (pick me! pick me!)controling small fleets that both Feds and Klingon can attack in a special event type of scenario
Lt. Commander
# 7
Is there an update to when the Romulan faction will be playable. I would really love the oppurtunity to pilot a Romulan ship in battle!

Andrew P. Horvat
Rear Admiral Lower Half Tyberious Horvaticus
Fleet Captain Star Trek Black Ops
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
I understand we are waiting on Neverwinter to wrap up before we get some new features, but when is the foundry going to get "The 2800" assets?

Is there going to be an effort to greater publicize the Foundry Challenge so that more players know about it?

Are we going to get Borg Invasion type events for the other enemy factions? The Undine especially is greatly underused.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Copy and paste from a doc file i had.

1. Can you tell us what has been confirmed that "will" be in season 6?

2. Why do you not like the KDF as it seems cryptic and you Dan do not wish to flesh out the mission tree of the KDF.

3. Thought about klingon hunting grounds like hunting animals or bad *** monsters or somit on some jungle planets or somit? Kinda what klingons like to do when they get back to nature i.e the tng episode where worf finds a romulan camp with klingon pow's in and he teachers a kid about hunting and the thrill etc.

4. Shuttle stfs like the vault perhaps?

5. Has PWE given cryptic any resources yet to help fund development costs of what the players want i.e klingon missions (only missions) which is what is lacking the most for them and other things?

6. Any idea when all the planets can be beamed down to just to explore even if there is nothing in them. As you can only get on them through a mission which kinda seems weird for a trek game.

7. Nebula in maps that actually cause effects or other space oddities. Thinking of st armada and their nebula and effects like healing, blinding, damaging (radiation ones) etc. Could make for some interesting gameplay i think.

8. When will we be able to odds and ends (tasks) in our ships interiors that for example benefit our ship. I could see the scanning mini game being used for engineering in some way like balance the intermix ratio or adjusting shield frequencies etc. Maybe a onboard console which brings up a ingame library or perhaps use the net in the game i.e a console on your ship takes you to stowiki or something and only that.

9. I find the red interface very hurtful on the eyes when i play a klingon. Any chance we can have a toggle for the hud to be either klingon red or federation blue because im fine with the blue but the red hurts my eyes when im using the doff system or window with the boffs and skills etc. And having an ability to use the fed color scheme would help alot. I have no idea if other people have issues with the red or not but it really strains my eyes.

10. Any way to make the game boot up faster so i can get to the character selection screen quicker? Used to be quicker when the game came out but i find it takes quite a while (on a decent computer) now. Basically at the screen showing black with a fed symbol in the centre just after the cryptic logo i think it is.

11. Trek has always had a ships computer with a voice. Any chance we can have one and one that we can talk to and get voiced responses like in the show?

12. Ships slide/drift far too much lately. Can anything be done about it?

13. Ship customization screen. The ship is rather high at the top of the screen instead of centred. Any chance of making the ship be in the centre of the screen like it used to be or closer to what it used to be?

14. Will there ever be a cyptic office setup in the EU with a EU server located there. As alot of mmo's have one for USA and one for EU due to pings and timezone issues i.e people in the UK have a very hard time being in a fleet with ppl from USA for example or i used to. A split would be most welcome imo.

15. Will cryptic points ever have a benefit of buying more for less i.e a scaling bonus system where by players dont have a bonus at 400 points but will at each amount up the chain. As when i used to play world of tanks i could buy more gold for cheaper if i bought alot of it instead of little bits at a time. So i would get more value for my money if ordering in bulk like 14000 gold would be 16 or somit and would save a bit instead of buying 2x 8000 which would be 9 each for example or somit like that. Basically the more cpoints u get the more of a discount you get. As it stands now there is no difference between buying 400 points or 2000 points as it would cost the same which is just a bit weird compared to most other mmos i find.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2012, 09:38 AM
When will we see KDF Faction centered new content?:

- PVE missions
- free ship skins
- new PvP Maps
Closed Thread