Lt. Commander
I've had one main character ever since I started playing this game. It's also the one on which I've done the most accolades. But between later experimentation with builds, the skill revamp effecting all the race traits, and the weird missing costume piece glitches for some species, and more than half a year down the line I'm now itching to do a full respec on my character, race, traits, and all. Is there any chance a full revamp token will ever go on sale in the C-store? I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2012, 11:20 PM
This token should be useful!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minormiracle View Post
I've had one main character ever since I started playing this game. It's also the one on which I've done the most accolades. But between later experimentation with builds, the skill revamp effecting all the race traits, and the weird missing costume piece glitches for some species, and more than half a year down the line I'm now itching to do a full respec on my character, race, traits, and all. Is there any chance a full revamp token will ever go on sale in the C-store? I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
Traits no. But a respec token is there for 400
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Add a species & gender change token also please.

I would like to change my main to Liberated Borg as I got my LTS a few months after I started.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2012, 03:21 AM
Yeah, I'm in favor of a species respect. I wasn't so keen on spending money or C-store points on the Caitians, but I'm quite interested in making my character one now, and I really rather not have to reroll and get my MK XII armor sets on a character I would only be half-assing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2012, 05:06 AM
If Cryptic could implement species, gender and trait change tokens, I'm sure they would sell a ton of them.

I have a feeling that if they had the technology to do this, it would have been done by now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlak
If Cryptic could implement species, gender and trait change tokens, I'm sure they would sell a ton of them.

I have a feeling that if they had the technology to do this, it would have been done by now.
honestly, having hosted/admined a few MMO servers, this shouldnt be hard to do, all modern MMO's use SQL databases to store most (like 99%) of this information, and making a "token" that would allow you to respec that shouldnt be much if any harder then the current respec tokens(easier really, less is involved...)

the reason its not in store could be

1. they figure if they did that, people wouldnt be forced to buy character slots to make new characters when they buy a new race, so thats lost profit.

2. like the ambassador situation somebody on the team may think the idea(like the ship) is "goofy" and so they dont want to do it.

3. they dont think these wont sell in high enough volume at the price they would ask to make it worth the time and effort when they could slap some easier to create items in cstore for quick profit.

remember, when talking about/dealing with cryptic, your effectively dealing with ferangi, if they cant see a direct line to pretty easy profit, its not likely to happen, and if it does, its only because it was somebodies pet project...

Dont blame PWE, they arent the ones setting drop rates and cstore prices, they arent the ones deciding what gets made for the game or put in cstore.....cryptic are.

I have played alot of PWE games, and none are as big a mess support wise as STO, i had an issue with PWI and put in a ticket, i got a response the same day..(within 4hrs) same kind of ticket to STO....going on 3 weeks now, updated once a week, no response.....

I really do get the feeling that STO and its community are for lack of a better term the "red headed step child"......

sad thing is, with some proper management STO could really shine...its a great foundation to start a great trek game on.......