Lt. Commander
# 1 Hey J-man!
03-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Here's to you, buddy!

I think I speak for the entire PvP community when I say that everyone appreciates your efforts here. We might disagree from time to time, and we still might bash Cryptic quite a bit, but as an individual we respect you.

You have two qualities that I greatly admire. First, you engage us, and when you do so you treat us as equals. A lot of people on both sides (including myself) often come off as arrogant, but you never do. Second, you don't have any noticeably entrenched positions. While you won't take the PvP community's position as gospel on, say, science resistance, you're willing to change your position if provided the appropriate details and evidence. That's a mindset I both respect and admire.

Lastly, I know it's a long shot, but I would love to get you in on some higher level PvP matches. Either SP-TSI interfleet stuff, or just within the OPvP community itself. It would help to strengthen the bonds that are growing and I'm sure everyone would learn a lot. This is your chance to boldy go where no Cryptic dev has gone before!

To close, no matter how cranky or argumentative we are or become in the future, just remember that you're all right in our books. Our passion doesn't stem from hate and anger, but from a desire to see PvP in this game finally reach it's true and vast potential.

Keep up the good work Jeremy
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2012, 07:27 AM
+1

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2012, 07:41 AM
I'll drink to that (when I get home...). Thank you guys for what you are now clearly trying to do! The last patch wasn't perfect but it showed clear intent to address some longstanding issues. I'm really looking forward to future adjustments and fixes.

Please do keep rolling with the punches and take them up on the offer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2012, 07:45 AM
A whole lotta truth, and a very provocative offer. I've been wanting to ask J-Man to join the Pandas and an OPVP bunch for some real PvP (I think I may even have done it, not sure, not always in the right frame of mind to remember these things). You see things in these environments, and at these levels of skill, that don't become apparent elsewhere. Also, as someone who likes to PvP anyway, there is nothing more fun (to me) in STO than when OPVPers log into 1 vent and decide to have fun, so please, join us whenever you have time
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2012, 10:48 AM
There is much trust that he is seriuos when he speaks to us.
Honor on his house.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Hear, hear!

Now about those consoles...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Here's to you, buddy!

I think I speak for the entire PvP community when I say that everyone appreciates your efforts here. We might disagree from time to time, and we still might bash Cryptic quite a bit, but as an individual we respect you.

You have two qualities that I greatly admire. First, you engage us, and when you do so you treat us as equals. A lot of people on both sides (including myself) often come off as arrogant, but you never do. Second, you don't have any noticeably entrenched positions. While you won't take the PvP community's position as gospel on, say, science resistance, you're willing to change your position if provided the appropriate details and evidence. That's a mindset I both respect and admire.

Lastly, I know it's a long shot, but I would love to get you in on some higher level PvP matches. Either SP-TSI interfleet stuff, or just within the OPvP community itself. It would help to strengthen the bonds that are growing and I'm sure everyone would learn a lot. This is your chance to boldy go where no Cryptic dev has gone before!

To close, no matter how cranky or argumentative we are or become in the future, just remember that you're all right in our books. Our passion doesn't stem from hate and anger, but from a desire to see PvP in this game finally reach it's true and vast potential.

Keep up the good work Jeremy
+1^10
I couldn't have said it better myself
Thanks J-Man!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks, guys. I know it's not always as evident here on the forums, but I can assure you that the entire team here is just as dedicated to making this game successful and enjoyable as you believe I am. Still, the recognition doesn't hurt.

As for getting involved in PvP in-game, I have to admit that it may be a bit of a longshot. When I play in my free time, I primarily do so with my girlfriend and/or brother, both of whom don't have much interest in PvP at this time. That may change, and I'll keep the invitation in mind should that come to pass.

I have a feeling that some of the future changes being talked about to PvP maps and mechanics may drive such an event to take place...
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-30-2012, 04:24 PM
You really should come over to pvp with us man. Seriously, don't worry about the GF and friend. Once they see how much -better- pvp is than the lolpve you won't get them to stop.

I think you will find it quite enlightening. Also please stop by my Repel thread. There's some stuff there you need to see. (I say you cause you are around more than heretic)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Thanks, guys. I know it's not always as evident here on the forums, but I can assure you that the entire team here is just as dedicated to making this game successful and enjoyable as you believe I am. Still, the recognition doesn't hurt.

As for getting involved in PvP in-game, I have to admit that it may be a bit of a longshot. When I play in my free time, I primarily do so with my girlfriend and/or brother, both of whom don't have much interest in PvP at this time. That may change, and I'll keep the invitation in mind should that come to pass.

I have a feeling that some of the future changes being talked about to PvP maps and mechanics may drive such an event to take place...
Hehe... Spoilers