Lt. Commander
# 1 disable nebula gas button
03-30-2012, 05:53 PM
just what it says on the tin, normally STO operates well for me, but the moment I enter an area with a ton of nebula gas (IE places like the briar patch) the lag becomes very apparent and has even crashed my client once or twice. Any chance we can get a button to turn off the space gas? Pretty Please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2012, 07:19 PM
You may need to turn down your graphic settings or upgrade your PC.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armok
just what it says on the tin, normally STO operates well for me, but the moment I enter an area with a ton of nebula gas (IE places like the briar patch) the lag becomes very apparent and has even crashed my client once or twice. Any chance we can get a button to turn off the space gas? Pretty Please?
I have the same problem, have even turned down all my graphics setting, nothing seems to work, the lag seems to happen when people or me use warp plasma or there is pets flying around, i didnt have this problem until the last patch came out and there nothing old about my pc, play eve no problem and the pc not even a year old.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2012, 10:47 AM
to be fair some graphic lag issues do seem prevalent after the last patch that previously were of little to no issue such as

-Nebula gas and warp plasma
-myriad pets around DS9 and Space Dock
-Torpedo DoT animation gas/radiation

and that before we mention

-The nodding Borg cubes and spheres
-warp transition animation's no longer being on screen
-in station (apparently all open world stations) frame jumping
-yet more invisible Borg based weaponry
-jumpy laggy ship animations (The Galaxy R and Vulcan ship being good examples)

now im not saying the issues need resolved instantly but whatever is causing this may need looked at in the very near future if even mid to top tier computers are suffering from graphical lag in such a low demand game which leads me to believe that this ongoing issue may not be client side based but rather a specific error on the server side. The only other viable explanation would be simple server over population which could be resolved through improved instancing.