Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2012, 03:31 AM
Before Dilithium, STO's crafting was infinitely better than CO's crafting.

If it wasn't for the ridiculous amounts of Dilithium required STO's wouln't be too bad.

On the other hand CO's crafting just plain stinks.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2012, 04:53 AM
I'm still disappointed my Crafting idea (link in my sig) didn't garner any Dev attention. It's the closest I could get to a canon Crafting system for STO, taking into account Dilithium, the C-Store, gear acquisition and customization, Fleet Crafting, casual/solo crafting.. I tried to find the perfect middle ground.

Not a peep.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2012, 05:15 AM
The current "crafting" system is pretty much crap, so I certainly won't miss it if they change it. When they added the dilithium cost component the whole crafting system was basically ruined.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2012, 05:35 AM
Watch them sell those "Catalysts" (ways to improve your mod) on the C-Store...

The money grabbing won't stop, it'll just look different...
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2012, 05:36 AM
I haven't crafted a single thing in this game since the changes. Crafting is broken.
I hoe they do something because this is ridiculous.
Haven't played champions in a while but a modification system makes more sence than what we have
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
The current "crafting" system is pretty much crap, so I certainly won't miss it if they change it. When they added the dilithium cost component the whole crafting system was basically ruined.
Yeah, I don't use the new system now so they can scrap the whole thing and I won't care. Even if the new system is "worse" I can't craft any less then I'm doing now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-31-2012, 06:20 AM
I would like to see crafting go the way of the dinosaurs, and I would love to see a system like champions free forms <that's where the fun is.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-31-2012, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't mind ditching the current system in favor of being able to modify kits, enhance consoles and weapons, even inherent ship passives.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-31-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
The money grabbing won't stop, it'll just look different...
It's a free to play game; you say that like it's a bad thing. You either spend money or spend time - that's the deal...
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-31-2012, 08:29 AM
Let's face it, the current crafting system in STO is a glorified storefront. You "spend" a set amount of material and you get a non-customized piece of gear back.

The Champions modification system outlined in the link seems to me to be very appropriate for that IP. Catalysts might end up being Champs' version of Dilithium, but that is not clear in what I read from the link.

STO might benefit from something like it. There are fundamental differences in the gear and in the game, so a clone of it won't be likely.

But wouldn't it be great if all of the equipment in STO had one or more Mod slots? (Assuming of course that it doesn't cost drastically more than the current crafting system does.)